Replies

• Lisapayne76
    Lisapayne76 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Sounds very cool. I think I will have to order one lol
  • bekahvoight
    bekahvoight Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can track weight trainning,sit ups just push botton on and off when done and you can find the exercise on their website ,you just put your start time and how long and it calculates it
    [/quote]

That's cool! I didn't know you could do that. I'm gonna try that next time I lift weights. Thanks! :happy:
  • Rwtmo
    Rwtmo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It's highly inaccurate. Was giving me credit for 5 miles run when in fact it was only 3.5, and recording that climed 28 flights of stairs and gave me calorie burn for that when it simply reads any change in elevation, even from sitting on the floor to standing up. LIke the sleep monitor though. And it is HIGHLY motivating when you see all those miles run or walked...not so much when realize you didn't really do that. It's a fun gadget but not worth what it costs.

You need to adjust your step length, that's all. Log in to the settings page on the fitbit site and change the settings. There are several threads in the forum over there that explain how. I have short legs so it was overestimating the distance I was walking based on number of steps. I measured and changed the settings and it is spot on now.

(although I agree the tracking of stairs can be a bit off - in my case it records flights climbed when I drive up hills in my car, but others say it doesn't do this for them. Our roads must be bumpy to be registered as steps!)
  • offthedeependay
    offthedeependay Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    You can track weight trainning,sit ups just push botton on and off when done and you can find the exercise on their website ,you just put your start time and how long and it calculates it

That's cool! I didn't know you could do that. I'm gonna try that next time I lift weights. Thanks! :happy:
    [/quote]
    Your welcome,,I actually read the instuctions that are on the web site,,haha I know weird for a guy to do this,,I don't know how I lived without fitbit before,I feel naked without it and have turned around and come back home because I forgot it,,
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I want to buy one. It looks like it would be a great motivator.

I am up in the air about the FitBit, BodyBugg, Jawbone UP or the Nike Fuelband. Not sure which is the better buy. >.<

IMO the fitbit. I have the fitbit and the fuel band. Researched firbit, bodybug and jawbone before I got mine.
  • AngieWood611
    AngieWood611 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I want to buy one. It looks like it would be a great motivator.

I am up in the air about the FitBit, BodyBugg, Jawbone UP or the Nike Fuelband. Not sure which is the better buy. >.<

What made my decision over others was how it monitors your sleep. I don't sleep all that well and hope this will give me some insight so I can start getting more (and better) sleep! :)

Yeah, i like that about the FitBit and the Jawbone Up. They both calculate your sleep patterns. I just need to bite the bullet and buy one. :D Everyone on here seems to LOVE their FitBit. And i like that it syncs with MFP.
  • sissypunks
    sissypunks Posts: 92
    Options
    i won mine a week ago and already feel like something is missing without it i love it its so nice to know all my daily stuff and not just wonder!
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    BTW best place for the little bugger is stuffed under your boob but above your bra. so its smashed in there and unmovable. tips for you!

It can still do everything it needs to do from there then? Cool!! lol

Be careful, people might look at you funny if you try to see the current read out.. haha ;-)
    Thats one reason why I haven't been wearing mine there. I can't "leave it alone". I'm always checking my current results and I wouldn't want the strange looks of people near by if I go digging in my bra.