Sculpting/Circuit Training Video?

OK, I'm getting bored. . .and need suggestions:

I'm looking for weights/sculpting with the following requirements:

Enough moving/combined upper and lower body to elevate my heart rate.

Intermediate/advanced level.

Full body workout, 60 minutes max.

I have a stability ball and plenty of dumbells to chose from, but don't have room or funds for a step or anything else.

I'm currently really into "Biggest Loser Power Sculpt", but I get bored quickly. Also, I know I could make up a plan and do it on my own, but I like the reinforcement of a video.

Help!

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    OK, I'm getting bored. . .and need suggestions:

I'm looking for weights/sculpting with the following requirements:

Enough moving/combined upper and lower body to elevate my heart rate.

Intermediate/advanced level.

Full body workout, 60 minutes max.

I have a stability ball and plenty of dumbells to chose from, but don't have room or funds for a step or anything else.

I'm currently really into "Biggest Loser Power Sculpt", but I get bored quickly. Also, I know I could make up a plan and do it on my own, but I like the reinforcement of a video.

Help!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    I second this. I tried Jari Love - Get Ripped and Chiseled today - I only lasted 15 minutes before getting completely bored - tons of sets of the same thing over and over and over. When she said, "this burns 100% carbs," I knew I had the wrong video.
    I put some others to try on Netflix.
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Cathe Friedrich: http://cathe.com

Has awsome weight training and cardio routines...some are just lifting workouts...I like her pyramid series...and some are lighter weights and cardio...plus she has some hardcore core workouts as well...hope you like her...she is a good trainer and keeps it hard work but fun...I prefer bellydance, but you already know that!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Cathe Friedrich: http://cathe.com

Has awsome weight training and cardio routines...some are just lifting workouts...I like her pyramid series...and some are lighter weights and cardio...plus she has some hardcore core workouts as well...hope you like her...she is a good trainer and keeps it hard work but fun...I prefer bellydance, but you already know that!

Those look really good, but seem to all require a step. Rats. Maybe I need to buy a step or a BOSU.

And hey, I'm trying to make my shimmies more shimmier.:wink:
  • FatDancer
    And hey, I'm trying to make my shimmies more shimmier.:wink:
    [/quote]

That makes me so happy!
  • yoginimary
    I looked at the Cathe videos on Amazon. Is there a way to preview them? Do all of them require a step? and, though I don't think anyone could answer this, why are they more expensive than other videos?
  • FatDancer
    I looked at the Cathe videos on Amazon. Is there a way to preview them? Do all of them require a step? and, though I don't think anyone could answer this, why are they more expensive than other videos?

Hi Mary...yes they do require a step...she uses it for a weight training bench and for cardio, stretching, etc...she also uses an exercise ball...you can see her style on FitTv, which are just segments of the DVDs...you can check her out at her website where her entire collection is available: www.cathe.com.

I guess hers are more expensive because she's a Star Trainer...I consider them worth it...at Amazon, if you click on the DVD in question, scroll down and you'll get some info on whats covered in the DVD, the run time...and further down the page there are reviews.
  • yoginimary

Hi Mary...yes they do require a step...she uses it for a weight training bench and for cardio, stretching, etc...she also uses an exercise ball...you can see her style on FitTv, which are just segments of the DVDs...you can check her out at her website where her entire collection is available: www.cathe.com.

I guess hers are more expensive because she's a Star Trainer...I consider them worth it...at Amazon, if you click on the DVD in question, scroll down and you'll get some info on whats covered in the DVD, the run time...and further down the page there are reviews.

thanks!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    V-

I bought a set of those stretch bands with the handles and ankle attachments. The bands are various lengths that can be used the same way as weights or cable machines. You can turn it into a circuit training session for your heart rate.

I got the "GoFit.net Ultimate Pro Gym" from Amazon - $29.95. It comes with a how-to dvd, and an attachment that lets you use any door as a connection point: and includes three color-coded bands for more resistance than you could ever need. So you can do upper and lower body full workouts. The dvd is mostly just demonstrations / examples (but a lot of them), and you have to do them to your own music (which suits me perfectly). There are 25 or so exercises such as rows, squats, adduction, lateral raises, etc. I love it because it is compact (fits in a bag the size of a gallon ziplock) and I can take it with me on vacation. It gives you a serious workout.

GoFit.net

Cheryl