5'3-5'4 small frame goal weight??

Options
I'm between 5'3 and 5'4. I have a small frame, and my goal weight right now is 120. I will decide when I get there if it's enough.

If you're anywhere from 5'3 to 5'4 and have a small frame, what's your goal weight? =)

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I'm between 5'3 and 5'4. I have a small frame, and my goal weight right now is 120. I will decide when I get there if it's enough.

If you're anywhere from 5'3 to 5'4 and have a small frame, what's your goal weight? =)

Im not 5'3, nor a women, nor have small frame, but if you concentrate on body fat, you will have a greater chance to having the body you want. Weight is fairly meaningless. And a person could gain 10 lbs and have a better and tighter body than before. See two examples below.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/392784-skinny-fat-vs-fit-photo?hl=skinny+fat

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
  • Susan923
    Susan923 Posts: 61
    Options
    I am 5'3 1/2" and I weigh 125lbs and I am happy with that. I am a size 4 so I think it would be unrealistic of me to want to be any smaller. :)
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and have a small frame. My goal weight is somewhere around 125ish. Once I'm down into a healthy weight range (under 140 lbs) my main focus is going to be on body fat % and how my clothes fit. But somewhere in that 125-130 region is ideally where I'd like to be!

Started at 170 lbs and 35% body fat in January, am sitting at 145 lbs and roughly 30% body fat right now, so I hope by the end of the year I'll be at my goal of 20% body fat :smile:
  • fitnhealthy21
    Options

Im not 5'3, nor a women, nor have small frame, but if you concentrate on body fat, you will have a greater chance to having the body you want. Weight is fairly meaningless. And a person could gain 10 lbs and have a better and tighter body than before. See two examples below.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/392784-skinny-fat-vs-fit-photo?hl=skinny+fat

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

Wow! Thanks for posting this!
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and my goal body fat percentage is 18%, which would most likely put my goal weight around 116 pounds or so.
  • ericarae33
    ericarae33 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3, currently around 125...but thinking 120 would be okay. I REALLY want to be under 20% body fat...that is my main goal!
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Currently 5'3, 123 lbs but about 25% body fat. I don't care about my weight but I'd like to be 20% ish BF.
  • fitnhealthy21
    Options
    I weigh about 130 lbs right now. Maybe I should be focusing more on inches rather than lbs??
  • PrettyBare
    PrettyBare Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and my goal weight is 124.
  • navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    5"4 and I'm at my goal weight right now! I fluc. between 126-128lbs! My next goal is to add some muscles :happy:
  • monette13
    monette13 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and I currently weigh 168lbs. I started at 176lbs and that was my heaviest. I lowest was 116lb and I didn't look good. I was TOO skinny. My arms were bones. I liked my body when I was between 125 and 130lbs. That would be my goal weight, but I do agree with everyone here when they say, it depends on how my body LOOKS in clothes and my BMI at a healthy weight. I don't plan on going to the scale to be my end all be all. I want muscle definition and a toned body.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and don't know where I want to be. I am not focus on my weight because I've seen how it had changed without a change on the scale. 18% bf sounds nice, but I don't know where I am now in term of bf %. Right now, I purely gauge my goal on how clothes fit/look and how I feel. I feel good right now, but I also feel like my body can be better. So I just continue to work on it.
  • workoutgirl23
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 3. recently lost 20 pounds. now i'm sitting at about 122 pounds. i would like to still lose more weight. Ideally i would like to get down to 110 pounds. that is what i'm striving for. :)
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    im 5'3", current weight is 118 lbs, im aiming for 110lbs.
  • Angiesolomon
    Angiesolomon Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    5'3 and very small frame. Happily maintaining at 109.
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    5'3.5" and 115, small frame. I wouldn't want to go much lower. 22% bf and my goal is 20% even if it means (yikes!) gaining weight.

Here is a chart with some recommended weight ranges based on frame size as a general guide

http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm
  • MrsWalieBug
    Options
    I'm at 117 right not with 18 percent body fat, but with the curse of a small frame I'm still flabby! I'm shooting for 112, and hoping that when I get there, I'll finally look toned! If not, I'll go lower.
  • missemily1124
    Options
    I want to get to about 125. Originally I thought 115, but I think that would be too tiny for me. I want to be heathly and have a lower body fat (right now I'm at about 25%).
  • kathymillard1970
    Options
    I am 5'4 small frame and my goal is 120 Lbs. Mainly because that is what my Dr. say's I need to be.
  • nannanorem
    nannanorem Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and I have set my TOTAL goal to loose to 125. I'm currently 135