busy mom's with kids in lots of activities...keep reading

Options
busy mom's with kids in lots of activities, how do you find the time, and what do you eat???

HELP!
On the go, no time, tired. Hard to plan ahead when you are living minute to minute. Going to bed late, waking up early to squeeze in the workout...I'm sure many of you feel the same.
Thanks in advance!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    I batch cook on weekends. I make a batch of steel cut oats or an egg/veg casserole for breakfasts. Something like lentil soup or quinoa salad for lunches. Something else for dinners or wing those. Pair each with some fruit, usually.

I'm not above having a smoothie as a meal or a protein bar out of my purse, in a pinch.

I don't do workouts so much as just try to move more overall. If I haven't hit my steps goal, I jog on the rebounder while watching a show at night. I use a treadmill desk.

Good luck!
  • jemachharo
    jemachharo Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I work full time with three kids who participate in music and sports. You just have to make yourself a priority. Cut out some of the kids activities if you need to - if you are overwhelmed by them, the kids likely are too. I leave the house for the gym at 5 a.m. (otherwise it would not happen). I cook a bit extra in the evenings to take for lunch the next day. I pack a mid-morning snack (fruit), lunch, and two afternoon snacks (fruit, veggies). That way I have everything I need and I am not tempted in the cafeteria or to go out to a restaurant. On weekends, I always have something in my purse - usually a bag of cut up apples.

It's very doable - you just have to choose to do it.
  • vickystrand1
    vickystrand1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I work full time with three kids who participate in music and sports. You just have to make yourself a priority. Cut out some of the kids activities if you need to - if you are overwhelmed by them, the kids likely are too. I leave the house for the gym at 5 a.m. (otherwise it would not happen). I cook a bit extra in the evenings to take for lunch the next day. I pack a mid-morning snack (fruit), lunch, and two afternoon snacks (fruit, veggies). That way I have everything I need and I am not tempted in the cafeteria or to go out to a restaurant. On weekends, I always have something in my purse - usually a bag of cut up apples.

It's very doable - you just have to choose to do it.

I workout in the early a.m. I just feel like these past 3-4 weeks have been crazy. I do ok w/leftovers and eating them for lunch the next day... I know it's doable, I just feel like I sleep very little as it is and I can't find just that 'extra' me time. Or if I do, my kids are "needy" with something. They want to do a craft, play outside (which then they need to be watched-so I can't prep in the kitchen), or I'm breaking up a fight w/raw chicken in my hand...
  • jemachharo
    jemachharo Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I totally understand where you are coming from. Not sure if you work outside the home or not. Once I went back to work full time, it was much easier to get everything under control. The hardest job in the world is being a stay-at-home mom. I gained 30 pounds during the 10 years I was home with kids just because I had no time for me and I did not sleep. Had to laugh at the breaking up a fight with the raw chicken - been there.

Hang in there!