Replies

• TracyJean2012
    TracyJean2012 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    OH Monkey Bread is so easy and so yummy. Here is the receipe

2 cans of jumbo biscuits butter flavored
    one stick of butter
    1 cup of brown sugar

cut the biscuits into fourths, throw them into a zip lock bag with sugar, cinnamon and nut meg (no measurements for this) until well coated

in a sauce pan melt the butter and brown sugar together and pour into the bottom of a WELL greased
    bunt pan. toss the biscuits into the pan so they are staggered and or over lapping.

Bake in oven at 350 for about 35-40 min or til the biscuits are done. Flip over pan onto a plate and enjoy!

Depending on the biscuits you use are the cals. I use the walmart store brand and the cals are like 180 per biscuit so 4 little pieces of the monkey bread equals the one biscuit. It is really good nice and warm!

Its kind of like cinnamon rolls but bite size. My Mom and I love making this for parties and stuff. Its also great with Chili.
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, how's everyones day going? I weighed myself and I was 155.8, so like 2 pounds from yesterday (I know it fluctuates) but it feels good. I didn't go over 1300 calories and I didn't work out, so it feels good. Also, I cut WAY back on my sugar, so I think that helped, too :drinker: I didn't start my day off right,though, because a friend brought in meatballs to work and I had like 5,which ended up being like 367 calories :grumble: :sad: :grumble: Oh well, I'm running tonight and probably am going to work out classes, so I'll be ok, I just gotta stay on track.
  • sniffles
    sniffles Posts: 295
    Options
    Well, I started this new marine corps workout thing and holy moly. OW. The abs work has me so sore I can barely sit up when I wake in the morning! Haha. It's great.

In other news my car broke down so I will be walking everywhere the next few days, that should help the weight loss? I'd hope!

vanimami- SUGAR! Agh. It's the hardest thing to cut out! I remember reading an article that says many people are addicted to sugar but then on the same hand there are those who say sugar addiction is a cop out. Wish I knew more about that one because the first time I cut out sugar it FELT like an addictive withdrawl complete with sweats, shakes and a foul mood. HAHA.
  • vanimami
    Options
    Well, I started this new marine corps workout thing and holy moly. OW. The abs work has me so sore I can barely sit up when I wake in the morning! Haha. It's great.

In other news my car broke down so I will be walking everywhere the next few days, that should help the weight loss? I'd hope!

vanimami- SUGAR! Agh. It's the hardest thing to cut out! I remember reading an article that says many people are addicted to sugar but then on the same hand there are those who say sugar addiction is a cop out. Wish I knew more about that one because the first time I cut out sugar it FELT like an addictive withdrawl complete with sweats, shakes and a foul mood. HAHA.

You know what, that is SO funny because today I"m REALLY tired and I had coffee :huh: :grumble: So, I'm thinking it's the sugar! The problem with me, too, is that I like sweets like sour patch kids and gummie stuff, so I'll buy a pack thinking, oh it's just this many calories, but I completely disregarded the sugar :embarassed: Either way, I've NEVER been stuck at 155 before (when I'm at this weight it usually comes off when I try) and I work out like a fiend, so it HAS to be the sugar! I really need the sugar right now, but I need/ want to lose weight more :smile:
  • sniffles
    sniffles Posts: 295
    Options
    Natural sugar is better then refined sugar so maybe try things like honey in your coffee? Or keep a piece of fruit around to grab when you have a sugar craving. :) That might help!
  • ourgang
    ourgang Posts: 229
    Options
    So I have been MIA:huh:

Getting frustrated with the lack of loss, but still working out and walking now every evening. Still hoovering at the same weight. I should be happy I haven't gained, My weekends are a crazy eating and drinking binge. My brother and his 3 kids stayed at our house last weekend and we truely just eat and drank the entire time.

My leg is now completely better I am doing Jillian again in the morning and walking or doing pilates at night.
    I think I might throw my scale away :ohwell: :ohwell:
    I have been eating the same foods everyday, but not logging. I just getting tired of doing all this and seeing no results.
    What am i doing wrong???:devil: :cry:
  • TracyJean2012
    Options
    ourgang- you arent doing wrong but you feel off the wagon so its time to get back on. You need to start by logging your meals and snacks you might think you are doing ok but you might be surprised to know different.

As far as your family and the holidays it is the season to overeat but you have to take a step back and realize that this is a lifestyle change. you can do this its hard but we are here for you.

I have friends that just LOVE to do buffets on the weekend and I do go with them but my portions are smaller and I choose wiser foods. If I want to try something its maybe a spoonful just to taste it. You should talk with your family and involve them with your choice to change your life they will be there for support too and you know they might join you. I so know its hard my Mom loves to eat out and she is a size 4 at the least and I have to reminder her that I'm trying to change from where I am.

BE STRONG GIRL YOU CAN AND WILL DO THIS!
  • vanimami
    Options
    So I have been MIA:huh:

Getting frustrated with the lack of loss, but still working out and walking now every evening. Still hoovering at the same weight. I should be happy I haven't gained, My weekends are a crazy eating and drinking binge. My brother and his 3 kids stayed at our house last weekend and we truely just eat and drank the entire time.

My leg is now completely better I am doing Jillian again in the morning and walking or doing pilates at night.
    I think I might throw my scale away :ohwell: :ohwell:
    I have been eating the same foods everyday, but not logging. I just getting tired of doing all this and seeing no results.
    What am i doing wrong???:devil: :cry:

You're doing fine, just don't worry too much about the numbers. Especially since you're not gaining weight after enjoying yourself on the weekends...that is good!

I have been stuck at the same weight for like 3 weeeks and I think I was eating too much sugar (Sniffles said I could be an addict :laugh: ) which I was. I was 157 on Tuesday and now I'm 154 and I have been watching my sugar and watching my diet...for like 3 days :indifferent: so we'll see how I do for the next couple of weeks. Just watch your food more and it could be something as tiny as too much sugar (which is not very tiny, but I was eating GOOD sugars)
  • ourgang
    Options
    Thanks, sometimes I just have to hear it.. I did start to log again today to watch my cals better. I have been logging faithfully, expect the past week. I know it makes a difference when you see how much you are really eating....

I got this!!!

I changed my signature so that I am less focused on my weight and more focused on the right behaviors, plus I'm not going to make my Nov. 30 goal and I think that will de-motivate me!!!!
  • vanimami
    Options
    Thanks, sometimes I just have to hear it.. I did start to log again today to watch my cals better. I have been logging faithfully, expect the past week. I know it makes a difference when you see how much you are really eating....

I got this!!!

I changed my signature so that I am less focused on my weight and more focused on the right behaviors, plus I'm not going to make my Nov. 30 goal and I think that will de-motivate me!!!!

You do have this! You'll be fine as long as you're focused and you know you're doing the right things to lose it!
  • tecatecate
    Options
    Sorry I have been MIA for the past week and 1/2. Have not lost any further weight but I am not gaining. I will weigh myself tomorrow and hope this is a better week.
    I will check in this weekend. Good luck to all.
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    What a depressing sight. I bought this cute skirt last night and was so excited to wear it today. I was walking out of the bathroom at work, and caught a sight of what I look like from the back. OMG is all I have to say. I want to go home and change so badly right now. I never could have imagined looking so horrible. I am completely embarassed, and grossed out by myself. I look like all thoes people I said I would NEVER look like. Sorry this is so negative, I am not typically a negative person, but holly cows, I look horrid!!!

To add onto it, I am going back to my college town for a wedding in a week and a half. Because we live 1100 miles away, we havn't seen our friends in over a year. I am absolutly terrified for them to see me like this. I am almost hoping our flights have problems and we dont make it, just so they cant see me.

Ok girls....I think I need some major cheering up:cry:
  • TracyJean2012
    Options
    morning Tahmed- Its ok thats why we have this thread so we can help each other. I understand what you are feeling like we all go through it at some point, the thing you have to remember is that you have made the choice to change your life for the better and its going to take some time but at the end of this journey will be a NEW you!

Have the time I don't even want to look in the mirror but I do and we move on and we are strong and will get through it. I refuse to wear skirts at all so I give you kudos for that. I hate my legs and I will keep them covered at ALL costs when going out. Keep your head up, your working hard to change and it will pay off for ya and all of us. Don't worry about the wedding you are going to just go have fun and be with your friends that is the most important thing after all!

You CAN do this! Keep your thoughts happy ones!:smile:
  • ourgang
    Options
    :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :drinker:

I am so HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I decided today I was going to try on two of my work suits I haven't been able to wear for about 2 years, maybe a little over. I wasn't going to let them upset me if they didn't fit, and I tried them on before I weighted myself....

THEY FIT!!!!! AND WELL!!!!!
    THEN I GOT ON THE SCALE I FINALLY LOST 2 POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

This does work and you really have to work through the hard parts, but I know God is with me and has a plan for my journey...
    Now Happy Friday to everyone and Pray I don't ruin my loss with another horrible weekend... I am determined to eat what is right and exercise!!!!!!
  • ourgang
    Options
    What a depressing sight. I bought this cute skirt last night and was so excited to wear it today. I was walking out of the bathroom at work, and caught a sight of what I look like from the back. OMG is all I have to say. I want to go home and change so badly right now. I never could have imagined looking so horrible. I am completely embarassed, and grossed out by myself. I look like all thoes people I said I would NEVER look like. Sorry this is so negative, I am not typically a negative person, but holly cows, I look horrid!!!

To add onto it, I am going back to my college town for a wedding in a week and a half. Because we live 1100 miles away, we havn't seen our friends in over a year. I am absolutly terrified for them to see me like this. I am almost hoping our flights have problems and we dont make it, just so they cant see me.

Ok girls....I think I need some major cheering up:cry:

don't let the mirror knock you down... You can do this and you are making the right choices. I know it's hard to imagine, but I am sure that in just a few months you will look in the mirror and see exactly what your working for!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    ourgang - Congrats on the weightloss. Your hard work is starting to show.

Thanks guys for the support. It is really funny, because I have gotten multiple comments today about how cute my skirt is. I guess it is all relative. I see the fat, but maybe they are seeing some of the beauty. If I can keep it together over the weekend, I am hoping I will see some results on the scale on Monday.