Help! C25K Week 7 Hip Pain

Options
Last night I completed C25K Week 7, Day 1. I ran 25 minutes (almost killed me) and the last 5 minutes I started feeling some hip pain. Last night and this morning I'm in significant pain - not your normal "hey, I can tell I worked out" pain.

Before I started C25K I searched on MFP - and took everyone's advice:
* Got great shoes fitted at a sports shop
* I'm going majorly slow (4.2 on the treadmill)
* I'm stretching before and after
* I'm taking rest days and only doing the three days a week it calls for

I decided to take Aleve and I've been trying to stretch out the hip area - but I would LOVE it if someone could share what they've done to help this or best yet - avoid this. I don't want to stop running this program - I really want to finish! Help!

Replies

• ka_bateman
    ka_bateman Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    bump
  • larkiedeek
    larkiedeek Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I strained my adductor muscle on my third run. It is still a bit burning/tight but I put arnica gell on it and try to keep stretching it out. It's not sore enough to make me stop.

I went to see my doctor and she suggested rest and to get back into it slowly. She also suggested I see a physio if it continued to give me issues in the longer term.

If you have been running for 7 weeks then you have made good progress. You should probably stop for a week and see how it improves. If it is still sore then go have it looked at.
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you for making it 7 weeks and really wish I could help. Sorry!!
  • alohabrie
    alohabrie Posts: 204
    Options
    Thank you for the help and support. I posted a "cry for help" in the C25K groups as I didn't get a response on this one quick enough and I was worried. Someone suggested it was an IT band problem and to google/bing stretches for it. It is feeling much better this afternoon but is still tender. I hate to take a week off running (good grief I never thought those words would come out of my mouth) but I am going to take the next couple of days minimum and see how its feeling.

Have a great weekend - if anyone else has an idea - please share.