How do you get your 8 glasses of H2O a day?

Options

Replies

• CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I have a 24 oz. cup with a straw. This is 3 glasses right there, but I usually count it as 2.5 because I can never fill it ALL the way to the top. Also, if I want to put ice in it... well, you know.

So driving to and from work I just sip it as I'm driving, no problem tipping my head all the way back. I always have this cup with me. I've found I even take it to my friend's house where I know she has glasses, and bottled water too! :) Too funny.

In any case, I usually end up drinking the whole thing while I'm in bed supposedly sleeping. So I definitely get in all my water.
  • jyuubi
    jyuubi Posts: 109
    Options
    I thought it would be so hard because some days I used to go without drinking any water at all (awful, I know), but I've found it to be the easiest thing to do.

I have a liter bottle that I've kept from Fiji and every morning I fill it up, and usually finish it during and after what i do in the morning, and the remaining liter I just drink from whenever I'm thirsty, fighting the temptation to fill the thirst with a soda. :D
  • Montanarush
    Options
    I drink six glasses from the time I get up until I go to the gym, then I drink 4-8 glasses when I go to my workout at the gym, 3 more in the afternoon, before dinner, and two at and after dinner. I don't work so I dont have the problem you do.
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    I drink it as coffee, water, milk, and other beverages. I am not on the eight glasses of water train, and I don't believe it all has to be simply water.

So, 32oz of coffee - that's 4 right there, water during the day, and another glass at night. That's enough for me.
  • ReneeCK
    ReneeCK Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I know how the OP feels on this one on my work days. I work as a floor RN on a busy cardiac unit, no drinking allowed except in designated area... and when you are constantly trying to meet EVERYONE ELSE'S needs that you are caring for, 10 hours will go by before you even have a chance to gulp something really quick!

Just try to drink as much as you can before and after on the drive and during lunch breaks :tongue:
  • aimee_md
    aimee_md Posts: 44
    Options
    I just always have a bottle of water with me everywhere I go. I buy multipacks of bottled water every week.
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I drink two 32oz power-aid zeros at my desk!
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    i have one of those tall plastic cups that has the screw lid and hard plastic straw ( bpa free ;-) ) and i just fill it with ice and drink.

if i wasn't allowed to drink water at work, i would try and drink as much as i could before and after work i suppose...
  • lakota1307
    lakota1307 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I get an ice tea at a fast food place, keep it full of water with lemon, refill often drink as much as I can stand when I get a chance to drink. If you get breaks , try squeezing a quick drink in , even if you have to chug 8oz, it really isn't that much, I like knowing how much is in my cup so I can keep track
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I usually only get about 4 to 5 classes in during the day. I am not much of a water fan. I am also not allowed to have a cup setting anywhere at work so I have to get a new plastic cup each time I want more to drink. I have real objections to throwing away so much extra plastic. I just try to drink in the morning and noon then after work.
  • fatima147
    fatima147 Posts: 85
    Options
    wow. i need to know how you do that? i can survive on 1 glass of water per day. and that 1 glass when my mouth is so dry that i cant speak. otherwise i usally sip about 2 tsp of water when im thirsty throughout the day. :noway:
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    I drink them, then I drink about 8 more.

I usually have 20 oz of water while I'm getting ready for work. 40 if I did an AM workout. Then another 20 oz at lunch, and 20 oz when I get home. Bam. 60 oz (just about 8 glasses) just like that.
  • fitpilatesqueen
    Options
    1 glass before breakfast
    2 glasses with lunch
    2 glasses in between lunch and dinner
    2 glasses with dinner
    1-2 glasses between dinner and going to sleep
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I work in the office, so I have 130 ounces of water a day! I have a big jug i fill before my shift and then i drink alll day long. I can drink alot more of it at room temp vs ice cold.

today, i have been slacking and only at 9 cups.
  • lauren518
    lauren518 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    get a resuable waterbottle with a straw! like a camelback or other brand. i suck down water nonstop hahahaha i have at least 80 oz a day
  • stepharega
    stepharega Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    ugh!! i never feel like drinking! but drink i must. *chugs water*
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    It's 112 degrees outside where I live right now (Chicago) so I'm on glass number 13. I have a 24 ounce plastic cup with a straw and normally drink about 4-5 a day. Plus whatever I drink on my run or ride (normally another 24 ounces, minimum).

I just love me some ice cold water!! During the winter I drink a lot of hot herbal teas.
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    I drink 4 liters a day. The key is to commit to a larger size and you will find yourself sipping it till completion. So rather than a 16.9oz bottle, I'll fill up a 32oz gatorade bottle and without even realizing it I will finish it in the same time I would a 16.9 bottle. I might just eventually start walking around with a gallon jug. :)
  • shady1987dre
    shady1987dre Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Ok what i do is get a cup, fill it up with ice then put water in it. Then i drink it. I do this 8 times a day. Thats how i do it.
  • pea1313
    pea1313 Posts: 9
    Options
    I work in surgery as a scrub tech, so no food or drinks...