I slipped a little bit today...

Options
so i got very upset this morning, my child was being a beast before he left for school. I tried to calm down, but I couldn't. I ended up eating a whole stack (16) of girl scout cookies, the thin mints. After I finished them, I didn't feel happy like I use to when I ate emotionally. It made me feel sick and fat and gross.

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    so i got very upset this morning, my child was being a beast before he left for school. I tried to calm down, but I couldn't. I ended up eating a whole stack (16) of girl scout cookies, the thin mints. After I finished them, I didn't feel happy like I use to when I ate emotionally. It made me feel sick and fat and gross.

Egads, you can't have those in the house! They're irresistable.
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Everyone slips up now and then. Don't let it get you down and just move on like you normally would. :drinker:
  • jenners22
    Options

I have had lots of those in the house the past month and have not once eaten more than one serving size per day. I guess my thought is that if I have any "can't eat" foods...those are the only thing I'm gonna want to eat.
  • sweetgl
    sweetgl Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Aww its ok well all have moments like that its bound to happen to everyone. Just eat extra healthy for the rest of the day or go for a walk to burn some of those cals off. :smile:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    The best thing to do is to just keep them out of the house. Only treat yourself at a sit down restaurant or at a friends house-people might be watching what you eat-always a great way to keep yourself in line. Same concept of having your food diary made public, just knowing that people can look at what you eat keeps most people in check.
    Also, watch those cookies-the thin mints-per sleeve have 20 grams of saturated fat.
    :flowerforyou:
  • ourgang
    ourgang Posts: 229
    Options

I have had lots of those in the house the past month and have not once eaten more than one serving size per day. I guess my thought is that if I have any "can't eat" foods...those are the only thing I'm gonna want to eat.

I completely agree, You can't tell me what to do, and I completely over indulge
  • jenners22
    Options
    I have always been a believer in 'everything in moderation'. I just haven't been able to handle the "moderation" part...which is my biggest goal..overcoming my urge to eat and eat and eat. I'm tend to eat until I feel ill...so i have been focusing on just eating portion sizes. I am lucky that I've never eaten terrible bad foods, I've just always eaten too much of it.

since I started this website, I haven't changed what I eat...just how much I eat. and i've lost seven pounds in three weeks! I'm so excited about the progress I'm making.

I can't beat myself up too much because I very well, could have eaten the whole dang box. My willpower is usually really strong, but today that VERY stressful moment just pushed me and I ate. I am going to be hungry today, because I am still determined NOT to go over my daily calories and those cookies where 640 of my 1400 calories.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I could eat a whole box of thin mints too (thank God they're only sold once a year, lol). :blushing:
  • jenners22
    Options
    I could eat a whole box of thin mints too (thank God they're only sold once a year, lol). :blushing:

yep yep! LOL!
  • boomersooner806
    Options
    Hey girl, it's alright. We all have those slip-up days. My day was yesterday when I had two packages of peanut butter M&Ms and a pint of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. :noway:
    Just work it off. I'm just thankful those thin mints aren't around my house -- I'd definitely have the entire box eaten in one sitting!! Love those things!!