Not Hungry When It's Hot Out

Options
Does anyone else find that they are just not hungry at all and don't really want to eat when it's warm out?!?!

Replies

• sydnisd183
    sydnisd183 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I feel that way. I'm in Houston, TX and the "feels like" temp has been 100+ every.day. And it's only June.

I moved into a new apartment June 1. I went for the small, charming "retro" style apartment instead of the usual cookie-cutter beige carpeted abode.

The apt. i've chosen has 2 small window air conditioning units. The heat index in this apt. is at 80 when I get up. And i'm going through menopause. Needless to say, I have to force myself to eat. It pains me to make coffee in the morning, as I do it old-school style...percolating on the stove. I DARE NOT even look at or consider turning on the oven. The only thing i've been eating since 6/1 are green salads, canned meat (chicken/salmon/sardines), and whatever lean meat I can saute in 2 minutes or less.

I'll be moving when my lease is up in 11 months :cry: .....but the one good thing about it is that i've been eating no junk/fried/baked pizza, etc......Too hot. LOL
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I don't have much of an appetite either when it's hot. I live in southern Minnesota and we're having a hot stretch of high 80's and low 90's. That is hot for here so don't laugh. Now, -30F is no problem for us up here.
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I have that problem! Especially when it's 95 and above and I have no AC...as has been the case most of this week. I've tried various things such as having a bigger breakfast before it gets too hot or a larger lunch in my AC classroom then just a snack in the evening to try and reach 1200 at least....

OR...I cook at night right before bed when it's cool and then the next day I can make a salad or have cold pasta without having to turn anything on to cook and food is cold too...That seems to work pretty well...
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I don't have much of an appetite either when it's hot. I live in southern Minnesota and we're having a hot stretch of high 80's and low 90's. That is hot for here so don't laugh. Now, -30F is no problem for us up here.

SAME EXACT RESPONSE!!!!
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one!

I always tell my boyfriend (who eats like it's the end of the world all the time): "It's just too hot to eat!"
    I just don't feel like moving when it's 100+ degrees outside, much less eating. Plus, I like spicy foods, so they aren't as enjoyable when I'm sweating before I even take a bite.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Yeah definitely. I also dont want to eat the same sort of foods.
  • XxOMG_ITS_PINKxX
    Options
    I know exactly what you are talking about! I was out in the heat ALL day (108 degrees in STL) and didn't eat a bite until just now :grumble:
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    It's 101 right now at almost 8:00pm in Indiana. I could careless about eating. It sucks :(
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Hell, I wish I had this problem. :laugh:
  • ericcumbee
    ericcumbee Posts: 117 Member
    Options

that's hot? i assume that is with only a modest humidity? try 100 with 80%
  • JudyL5305
    JudyL5305 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I do have the same problem so I try to eat when I feel hungry.
  • MLeigh18
    MLeigh18 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    i wish this was the case for 99% of us. If it was Texas wouldn't have the 4 fattest cities in America.
  • mandamommy3
    mandamommy3 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I've been having the same issue.
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options

that's hot? i assume that is with only a modest humidity? try 100 with 80%

I said don't laugh :laugh: , but that's hot for MN. We had very high humidity yesterday and today with about 80%. That's unusual for here.
  • disneyprincess22
    disneyprincess22 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Im also that way. Yesterday it was 102 here and I dont have AC of any kind. My thermostat read at 96 and I was excited just to keep it under 100 lol. Eating fruit helps or yogurt because its cold and helps cool me down