I hate you CHINESE FOOD

Options

Replies

• MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I could probably never eat Chinese again and be ok with it. At the beginning of my weight loss project, I hadn't eaten it in about a month, and I was eating pretty clean otherwise, and my bf was dying for it. So I said, eff it, i can make some smarter choices.... And I did, but I was VIOLENTLY ill about an hour after I was done eating. I was so unaccustomed to the grease at that point that my reaction may have permanently scared me off of my beloved chicken fingers...
  • msdoan
    msdoan Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Pretty much my favorite food group ever + being married to an Asian = part of why I got so fat! :laugh: I guess I will keep him anyway!
  • lucy0326
    lucy0326 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I think Chinese food is one of my top weaknesses :grumble: but the fact that you were able to keep the servings small is huge! I havent reached that step yet I still eat until I cant :sick: when it comes to chinese food. Dont be too hard on yourself just make sure you get in a good work out for today :smile:
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    I didn't avoid it... I ate chinese food. Of course my portion size was small but the fact that I was putting all that deep fried food in my body made me feel bad afterwards. This is me ranting. About to go see how many calories I can burn off before the sun goes down!

Sweet & Sour Chicken + Crab Ragoons= Public Enemy #1

Love that especially combined with Yang Chow fried rice mmmmmmmmmm :tongue:

EDIT: Just by reading all the posts here makes me hungry.
  • Dankelzaga
    Dankelzaga Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The issue I have is the amount of Sodium in it.
  • rebeccasedwards
    Options
    I love Chinese food too. My family likes the buffets. I really try to avoid it but if we go I try to eat a lot of brocolli. Don't know if that is a good thing. :sad:
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I LOVE you, Chinese food! You are the devil, but it only makes me love you more.
  • BigCat175
    BigCat175 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I guess the fact that I still have China Garden in my phone says it all! :D
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    The issue I have is the amount of Sodium in it.

same here. my hands and feet would swell up to like twice their normal size. also got that with fake mexican :laugh:
  • jaquibleu
    jaquibleu Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love Chinese, too! There's a big buffet in my town and it has sauteed spinach and cheese, large pieces of stewed beef, and a salad bar. My favorite food of all there is the sushi bar; I would really like to try making it at home and using cauliflower instead of the rice but knowing my cooking, it would probably be horrible!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I love Chinese food...but every damn time I eat it, even a whole cup of cashew chicken and 1/2 cup of fried rice, I gain a lb in water weight :(
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Just had egg drop soup tonight and shared chicken lo mein with my daughter. It was so yum BUT the sodium will kill me....I had three glasses of water with dinner and now I am determined to drink two more bottles of water before bedtime!!
  • erookjr
    erookjr Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I ate chinese weekly...twice a week here for a while and ran my cholesterol out the window. Thankful now that I have it under control just by avoiding it. But I tell ya, I'm aiming for that buffet soon...and I mean REALLY soon. lol OH MAN!!!! I was invited tonight out to chinese btw. lol I had to avoid it
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Chinese food as well.

Can you ask them to steam your veggies and chicken?

Go for healthier options, i know its hard cause every inch of me wants to order Chicken in garlic sauce with brown rice but i know its a ridic amount of calories (ill still order it sometimes to fill the craving) so ill order chicken and broccoli steamed, and the sauce on the side. Fills my craving for chinese and makes you feel soooooooooo good after.

I know out here in NY chinese spots cater to the healthy minded people. They have a separate section on their menu called "Gym Food" haha and its mostly steamed.
  • Esther50
    Esther50 Posts: 252
    Options
    Not strong enough yet for Chinese. I love it and always eat two big plates. So for now I can only dream of eating it. :cry:
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    I didn't avoid it... I ate chinese food. Of course my portion size was small but the fact that I was putting all that deep fried food in my body made me feel bad afterwards. This is me ranting. About to go see how many calories I can burn off before the sun goes down!

Sweet & Sour Chicken + Crab Ragoons= Public Enemy #1

eating food shouldn't make you feel badly. especially eating in, it sounds like, moderation. but, if you can't get over it, I'll have your chinese food. I'll just add it to my portion.
  • lam0re
    lam0re Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You have no idea. I work at a Chinese food place and I get a discount on everything. ugh. I just get steamed chicken and broccoli with brown sauce on the side and brown rice.
  • IdRatherBeReading
    IdRatherBeReading Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Crab Rangoons are my weakness, lol. I went out for Chinese last week with my husband....first time in forever! I did good on my chicken mei fun (I portioned it into 3 meals easily), but I ate all 8 of the crab rangoons, mentally cursing myself the entire time. Yuuuuuuum!
  • Ploxhoi
    Ploxhoi Posts: 2
    Options
    Low sodium soy sauce, veggies, some meat, a large portion of Chinese doesn't have to unhealthy nor high in calories.
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I have Chinese buffet usually once or twice a week.

Steamed broccoli with a little bit of broccoli beef or chicken sauce for the flavor
    Jalepeno chicken
    Plain rice
    2 crab rangoons

Amazing, delicious, and not too horrible sodium-wise.