Options

Replies

• AwkwardPumpkin
    AwkwardPumpkin Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Oh so bad for you but oh so yummy.
  • Maddi_InBetweenDays
    Options
    Chinese food is like crack! It's like you can never get enough!
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Shrimp Lo Mein! Yummy! !
  • firelle
    firelle Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    The issue I have is the amount of Sodium in it.

My left arm feels like a volcano eruption after Chinese...
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options

I was addicted to Chinese buffets (going almost daily) for 15 years! Finally kicking the habit.
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Crab Ragoons= Public Enemy #1

I lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Crab Ragoons.:heart::heart: :heart: Please stop. I want some now.:sad:
  • twinmom1993
    Options
    I have to avoid it. If someone took me to a Chinese buffet I would destroy my calories. :(

I second that
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    Two words: Sesame chicken.

Mmmmmmm.
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Options

Like crack. LOL. Always need a fix? What do they put in it, and those BBQ Spare Rib OMG!!!!!!!
  • therl
    therl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is a make over for that fatty Chinese finger food we all love and you could make them even more healthy with a mix of fat free and low fat cream cheese, not a fan of many fat free foods no fat often equals no taste!
    Baked crab Rangoon
    1 (170 gram) can crabmeat
    8 oz Light Brick Cream Cheese Spread, softened
    2 green onions, thinly sliced
    1/4 cup CANOLA CHOLESTEROL FREE MAYONNAISE
    12 wonton wrappers
    Directions

Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix crabmeat, cream cheese spread, onions and dressing.
    Spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray. Gently place 1 won ton wrapper in each cup, allowing edges of wrappers to extend above sides of cups. Fill evenly with crabmeat mixture.
    Bake 18 to 20 min. or until edges are golden brown and filling is heated through. Serve warm. Garnish with chopped green onions, if desired.
    Footnotes

Make Ahead: For other entertaining ideas, pre-bake won ton wrappers in muffin cups at 350 degrees F for 5 to 8 min. or until golden brown. Remove from muffin cups; cool. Store in airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week. Fill with your favourite filling just before serving.

Nutritional Information

Amount Per Serving Calories: 72 | Total Fat: 2.9g | Cholesterol: 20mg
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Plain lo mein noodles and crab rangoons... egg drop soup... kung pao chicken... mmm.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Luckily I'm not a fan of Chinese food! Haha. I enjoy Pei Wei on occasion but that's about it.
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Options
    I guess the fact that I still have China Garden in my phone says it all! :D

I thought I was the only one that had resturants on speed dial. Let me get those numbers out my phone. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • navywifeandmomof4
    navywifeandmomof4 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    had Chinese for dinner,,mmmmm:happy:
  • PandaCustard
    PandaCustard Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    My fiance LOVES the Chinese buffet, so I formulated a strategy for when I go.

1) Eat a big salad first. Keep your dressing on the side or use vinegar instead.
    2) Look out for vegetables. Our buffet has these delicious grilled mushrooms that aren't swimming in oil or butter. They also have some dishes such as "Buddha's Delight," which is a bunch of Chinese vegetables sauteed with tofu.
    3) Use tiny portions for other things, especially anything fried or battered. Don't stack your food.
    4) If you must have dessert, steer clear of the dessert bar and head to the fruit bar instead. Most buffets have watermelon and oranges.
    5) Bring a notebook with you and write down everything you eat.

Last time I went I did these, still ate some of my favorite dishes, and came in at 420 calories. Try this if your family/friends force you to go with them, but you still want to be able to eat something.
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I have a love hate relationship with General Tsos chicken!!
    But it's got soooo much sodium!!! grrrr.
  • BahamaMama77
    BahamaMama77 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    This is a make over for that fatty Chinese finger food we all love and you could make them even more healthy with a mix of fat free and low fat cream cheese, not a fan of many fat free foods no fat often equals no taste!

Baked crab Rangoon

I want to hug you right now lol
  • therl
    therl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks give them a try they are hug worthy! :heart:
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I always order steamed chicken and veggies with the garlic sauce on the side. I dip my fork into the sauce before stabbing a piece of chicken and vegtable. Saves a ton of calories! Then, I go for the fruits for dessert and end with a 25 calorie fortune cookie! I avoid the rice because it's so high in calories and I'll need those extra calories for a snack in about an hour after I eat Chinese food!
  • twinmom1993
    Options
    AHHH i gave in to temptation and went to the chinese buffet last night.... hate myself today but was in love last night.....