Regaining strength

Options
Hey everyone,

I had a question on best ways to regain strength without over doing it. I was 80% bed ridden for 10months straight and got off bed rest in February, I have gained some strength back but not enough.
I was hoping to get some help and incites on how to properly regain it without over doing it or pulling muscles or hurting yourself.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Replies

• CynthiaAnnGA
    Options
    I would start off by walking & maybe light weights for your arms. Good luck.
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above poster. Start slow. You do not want to jump full in & injure yourself. Walking, swimming would be good places to start.
  • myth4ever
    myth4ever Posts: 372
    Options
    I have a similar story had to take yr off due to back issues and surgery....slowly getting back....started with seated bike and then water resistance workouts....weights came many months later..add me we can talk about the road travel
  • brjustice2000
    Options
    Pool walking for helping leg strength, you don't overheat and can work up to a long time, hours! Also body weight squats, hold onto the edge of a table. Light weights on weight machines which help balance the weights and you don't drop them onto yourself. As you exercise, if you can't hold a conversation at the same time, you are pushing too hard as you start back. You will be sore which will last several days. But you don't want injury which could make you miss exercising for weeks or months. Start slow, start light and build to more time and more weight.
  • Stephrenai23
    Options
    Thanks for everyone's help. =] I appreciate it!