G'Day from Australia

Options
G'Day

My name is Kathy. I have just found this website and thought I might give it a try. I have done weight watchers on and off over the years, and have had successful results but always seem to lose motivation to keep up the journey which resulted in me piling the weight back on and more. So, thought I'd try something new. I have just joined my local PCYC and do one tummy, thigh and butt class a week, and 3 boxing classes a week. I hope I can keep it up.

Nice to meet you all. Look forward to sharing stories with you, along the way.

Replies

• LizAWDavis
    LizAWDavis Posts: 45
    Options
    Hi from England!

I've done ww online and just lost 2 stone but lost my mojo recently. A friend to
    ld me abpout this site last night and I think it looks pretty good - easy to track food exercise so i'm a bit excited to start! It's nice to see people from all over the world on here too! Godd luck with your loss! Liz
  • LizAWDavis
    LizAWDavis Posts: 45
    Options
    I type too fast! That should read 'about' and 'Good' Sorry for my errors! GOOD luck!
  • emma7437
    emma7437 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    welcome, have sent if a friend request if you are interested.
  • COOKINATOR
    COOKINATOR Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    gday mate
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Hi! Bre from Georgia, USA. Sent friend req!
  • TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Options
    Hello I'm from NY state.......Welcome to MFP.....it's a great site with a lot of friendly people
  • ericgAU
    ericgAU Posts: 271
    Options
    G'day Kathy! Welcome to MFP. Theres a few other Aussies here too. Good luck with your goals! Feel free to add me.
  • Riskay123
    Riskay123 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    G'Day Kathy,
    I am anothe Aussie who found this site about 2 weeks ago. I also has some success with weight watchers but like you ended up putting it back on and then some more.

Good Luck:happy:
  • manda_c_182
    manda_c_182 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm another Aussie.... been on here about two weeks. I didn't think there were many of us! :)
  • shannp
    shannp Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello to everyone...especially fellow Aussies. I am in Perth - where is everyone else residing?

oh and good luck with your journey :)
  • traceytwink
    traceytwink Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome to the world of mfp, it's a fab app easy to use and great the get feed back from friends in the same boat good luck with you weight loss x
  • donnaquirk
    Options
    Hi from the Isle of Man (UK)! I've been on here for a little while now but always looking for new MFP friends to keep me motivated. Please feel free to add me if you wish. I'd like to share diet and exercise tips.

I'm a working mum of 2 girls, one age 13 and one age 2, I work 4 full days a week so don't have much time for exercise so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Hope to hear from you all soon. I don't know how to add people as friends so if you'd like to add me that would be nice x:wink:
  • dawnmarie57
    dawnmarie57 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Welcome from Australia! I live in the Catskill Mtns. of NY/USA. I too have been doing WW for over 30 yrs. off and on. Back in the 80's (I sound really old don't I), I got to goal-I was 117 lbs! Rejoined probably 4-5 times. Put the weight back on and a lot more. Was all the way up to 184 this time when I started in Feb. and have lost 18. Just joined this site about 3 weeks ago and can't get over how easy it is to log the food and exercise. Much easier than the WW site. But I still write down in my WW diary so I'm within my points. I like logging it in here too so I can actually see how many calories, fats, etc. I am eating.

Stick with us here, and I'm sure we can keep you motivated!!! Good luck on your journey!
  • ndev777
    ndev777 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Im Val. Im a newbie to the forums, but I have been using the ios app for quite some time. I must say, I cant live without this app... It has helped me immensely and keeps me motivated, despite my mothers and sister love of baking muffins, fried hot wings, etc :)

Feel free for anyone to add me as a friend... Ill be delighted to get motivated by others and vice versa! Ive lost 14kgs, and not stopping till I lose another 14kgs... Then im done and gone clothes shopping! :)

God bless
  • KMA1973
    KMA1973 Posts: 10
    Options
    Awww thank you, all of you, for your warm replies. Great to meet you all. Yes we are all in the same boat so perhaps we can keep each other motivated and inspired to keep paddling that boat to the next one that is waiting for us. Great to see you all.
  • Allexmarie67
    Options
    Hi, from Kent, England :).

I joined this site just on Monday, when I started my weight watcher diet (again). I went to a wedding at the weekend and had a nice time, though I know if I wasn't carrying all of my extra pounds I would have had an awesome time :).

I love how easy this site is to add your food and exercise and everyone here seems so friendly. I have a long journey ahead of me and I feel happier knowing that I'm sharing a journey with a whole lot of people from all over the globe.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish ... I like to think I'm good support and a good motivator to others (wish I could be that way toward myself sometimes ha ha) but seriously it would be nice to meet and make new friends whilst on my weight loss journey and beyond.

Good luck to everyone with your weight loss journeys :) (and good luck to those of you that read this and are hoping to gain weight)
  • sarah5423
    sarah5423 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in Perth, but originally from the UK! Feel free to add me...
  • AwesomeOne66
    AwesomeOne66 Posts: 220
    Options
    Hi Kathy! I am a WW success story! Feel free to add me...
  • jody2807
    jody2807 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi Kathy
    I am from Melbourne , feel free to add the more encouragment the better :wink:
  • SandyCheeks2
    SandyCheeks2 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hello!!! I'm from texas!!!! If you need a friend feel free to add me!!! Good Luck on your journey to a healthier you!