The forbidden work candy drawer

Options
So my boss provides a candy drawer for us at the office. It usually has a bunch of ooohhh so yummy chocholate bars and I despise the thing... haha every time someone brings in more candy to put in it i'm like eehh why?! haha I hate the tempation. I usually do pretty well and dont eat out of it because I know its not good for me but today mmm today i am craving a milky way that is in there :tongue: I'm giving myself a freakin pat on the back if i go all day without toching any of it. Stupid candy drawer and its tempations. :tongue:

Replies

• vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    That sucks! I must confess that I CREATED my own candy drawer full of halloween candy, but have thankfully finished it and the temptations no longer there. I knew better, but I did it anyways :sick: The other temptation here is the manager usually brings in donuts and pigs in a blanket first thing in the morning and it smells so delicious and hard to resist! :grumble: That's hwat we have to deal with when working in an office setting :brokenheart:
  • sweetgl
    sweetgl Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I guess learning to fight temptation can be a good thing though. :smile:
  • marilla
    marilla Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    We have one of those at work, too. I usually do okay if I resist completely, but if I get started with even one piece it is a downward spiral. One day I put someone in charge of keeping me away from it. I may need to do that on a daily basis :)
  • musclebuilder
    musclebuilder Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    So my boss provides a candy drawer for us at the office. It usually has a bunch of ooohhh so yummy chocholate bars and I despise the thing... haha every time someone brings in more candy to put in it i'm like eehh why?! haha I hate the tempation. I usually do pretty well and dont eat out of it because I know its not good for me but today mmm today i am craving a milky way that is in there :tongue: I'm giving myself a freakin pat on the back if i go all day without toching any of it. Stupid candy drawer and its tempations. :tongue:

Start bringing in healthy treats/snacks..you can buy them all over at health shops, trader joes, online supplement sites ect..It can be a nice treat there for when you need it..But at the same time maybe others will catch on and start going with the healthier options.
  • sweetgl
    Options
    I'm def. a food health nut myself and like healthier options and dont mind exchanging bad yummy foods for healthier maybe not so yummy foods :tongue: but some people just like the real thing... theres no getting them to change that. :ohwell:
  • gramgin
    gramgin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've taken to snacking on low fat granola bars that contain chocolate alternating with low fat string cheese strips. With the granola bars, I know they are 90 cal each, with the chocolate hit combined with something less unhealthy, and I know the calories, which makes them easy to keep track of, and the trick is to track everything, even if it's a guesstimate. Good luck! I used to work where there was a candy drawer, and it was a real trap!
  • sweetgl
    Options
    I've taken to snacking on low fat granola bars that contain chocolate alternating with low fat string cheese strips. With the granola bars, I know they are 90 cal each, with the chocolate hit combined with something less unhealthy, and I know the calories, which makes them easy to keep track of, and the trick is to track everything, even if it's a guesstimate. Good luck! I used to work where there was a candy drawer, and it was a real trap!
  • sweetgl
    Options
    I found these muffins that are double choc. chip and they are sooooo yummy! They are by BUTTERFLY BAKERY and they only have 150 cals for each muffin and each one is a good size. I'm pretty much obsessed with them right now and they are perfect for when you are having a choc. craving.:smile:
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    Put a pad lock on the drawer and tell your workmates you are doing them all a great service!