Low Carb Recipes

Options
I'm trying to lose weight for summer and I'm in desperate need of some low carb/sugar/fat recipes any ideas?

Replies

• cinasana
    cinasana Posts: 40
    Options
    HI There,

Here is a yummy one for you. This is a pasta-free dish (low carb) and dependong on the type of meatballs you buy (I buy low fat turkey meatballs, or chicken meatballs) this is also high in protein and low in fat! Can't go wrong here. My bf LOVES this! Use lots of fresh basil.

Jenny
  • slim104
    slim104 Posts: 160
    Options
    HI There,

Here is a yummy one for you. This is a pasta-free dish (low carb) and dependong on the type of meatballs you buy (I buy low fat turkey meatballs, or chicken meatballs) this is also high in protein and low in fat! Can't go wrong here. My bf LOVES this! Use lots of fresh basil.

Jenny

Where? lol
  • diouellette100
    diouellette100 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I feel like the summer is sometimes easier to lose weight. My husband and I grill a lot and this cuts down on a lot of fatty oils with frying and cuts down on carbs when you bake and bread meats. We typically grill with a seasonings (yes high in sodium, but I dont mind that) and use this seasoning that we get at a local meat store called "Fun salt" and it tastes good on anything and seems to work as a tenderizer as well. Also, when we grill, you can put vedgies in alluminum foil, add a small amt of olive oil or spray butter and grill those as well. You can also have a sweet potato (better for you and less carbs) plain or a baked potato too.

During the winter, I would cut up chicken or porkchops in chunks, season with salt and pepper, spray the pan with pam (had to spray a few tiems while cooking) and cook until done. I would get a side of low fat ranch dressing from the fridge and dip my chicken into it. This is always a low cal / low fat choice too.

I lost about 15 puonds actually for my wedding in the matter of four months (ok, I waited till the last minute haha. I gained a few back from pigging out on our honeymoon and took a break off of my fitness pal when we came back. But now im back on to maintain my current weight.
    Diana
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    if you're doing low carb, why would you want low fat recipes? you need fat!

chicken coated in egg and almond flour, fried in coconut oil, served over spaghetti squash is my new fave low carb meal (chicken parm!)

eggs and bacon
    almond flour pancakes
    a salad with a burger on it (or chicken, or pork chop)
    shrimp cocktail
    stir fry (no rice of course)
    flax muffins

grill steak and zucchini! i could eat this everyday
  • mrswright71
    Options
    1-2 sweet potatoes
    chicken or pork sausage of choice
    sweet pepper
    sweet onion
    apple (braeburn works best)

dice sweet potatoes and toss with a tiny bit of oil of choice - I use coconut oil. Season to taste (I use seasoning salt or McCormick smokehouse maple) and toss in oven to roast at 400 F for 20 minutes. In the meantime, dice onion, pepper, apple, and slice sausage. Throw together in a pot with a tsp of oil and saute until done, usually about the time the sweet potatoes are done. Throw together, and enjoy. Yum!! I use Aidell's chicken and apple sausage that's all natural and I think it makes the dish awesome. The only carbs come from the sweet potato but they are healthy carbs! :)
  • RayRay1500
    RayRay1500 Posts: 158 Member
    Options

chicken coated in egg and almond flour, fried in coconut oil, served over spaghetti squash is my new fave low carb meal (chicken parm!)

eggs and bacon
    almond flour pancakes
    shrimp cocktail
    flax muffins

Where do you buy almond flour? Can you use protein powder to bake with?
  • mrswright71
    Options
    Also, www.paleomg.com has some of the best low carb recipes that are incredibly tasty. Yes, it's a paleo site; if you're not into that, ignore it. It just has awesome low carb recipes that are yummy.
  • allie_be
    allie_be Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    And I agree with RayRay--you need fat to be healthy (we've been brainwashed to think otherwise). I recommend any books by Gary Taubes or any of his YouTube videos.

I wish you much luck with your weight loss!
  • bestshiratakinoodles
    Options
    i think you should start having tofu shirataki noodles..its best meal for weight loss. !!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options

eggs and bacon
    almond flour pancakes
    shrimp cocktail
    flax muffins

Where do you buy almond flour? Can you use protein powder to bake with?

amazon.com has it. i hear that honeyville is the best brand, but i've only had bobs red mill.
    i got mine at ocean state job lots in new england.

you can bake certain desserty things with protein powder (i'm guess choco and vanilla?) i've seen recipes, but never tried it.

i use carbquick sometimes when i'm closer to my goal.
  • DeannJewell
    Options
    A friend of mine tried this the other night and her family loved it - even the kids!

Low Carb Fried Chicken

Chicken Tenderloins
    Low Fat Mayonnaise
    Pork Rines (0 Carbs!)

She preheated her skillet with a little extra virgin olive oil (or peanut oil) in it. She crushed the pork rines and put them on a baking sheet and set aside.

She took the chicken tenderloins and dipped them in the mayonnaise - just enough to moisten them and to act as a binding agent. She rolled the chicken tenderloins, with the mayonnaise, in the crushed pork rines. And then, she put them in the hot skillet to "fry."
  • rustyfla
    rustyfla Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Linda's Low Carb Menus

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    these are great
  • Kdgengler
    Kdgengler Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pinksusie
    pinksusie Posts: 1
    Options
    You can buy almond flour at your local walmart! It's about ten dollars a pound. It should be located somewhere near the organic/ gluten free products. HTH