P90x or Insanity???

Options
Okay I have done the first month of insanity 3 times already and im down a total of 52 pounds from the start and a whole lot of inches. I have recently bought p90x and wondering if i should do that change it up a bit though i still have quite a bit to lose i also want to build up my mucsles. So any advice which plan should i do?

Replies

• michaelispas
    michaelispas Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    It's a great program to switch it up. I recommend the lean version if you're looking to have a bit more cardio and toning up. Otherwise, the Classic version is always great to do too. If you're worried about bulking, don't :) It won't happen that way so don't worry about it.

You won't have a problem losing more weight and gaining muscle with this program but you need to make sure you're doing the nutrition aspect right. I'll give you a guide if you would like one. My girlfriend and many other people follow this and all get great results from it. Congrats on getting P90X!
  • chaneden
    chaneden Posts: 2
    Options
    I just switched from Asylum to P90X. From what I hear Asylum is pretty close to Insanity. I much prefer P90x. Less jumping around and feeling exhausted throughout - maybe that's just me - but I like really working individual muscle groups. I was usually tired and sore after an Asylum workout, but it was an all-over general feeling rather than legs/back one day and arms/shoulders the next like with P90x. Haven't yet noticed a difference in weight loss, but I've only been doing P90x for two weeks.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    if you've done the first month of insanity 3 times either move on to month 2 or do p90x but ya def gotta switch it up now!!!

congrats on the loss :)
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of going the other way! I have P90X and enjoy it, I find it doesn't burn many calories and the DVD's are REALLY long (especially the yoga one), I've got two preschoolers and am starting back working full time in two weeks so I am going to be time poor. I think if I could dedicate myself to it P90X would do amazing things for me but I need something shorter so that I only have to get up at 5.30am instead of 4.30 am!
  • Stutz77
    Stutz77 Posts: 113
    Options
    They are both good programs. You need to do the second month of Insanity though. After that I would do P90X. You can also do a hybrid of the two programs together. That would be something you could do after you have completed both. Let me know if you would like a copy of the hybrid schedule!