Need food and snack ideas, please help?

Options
Hi! So for the past month ive only eaten between 600-900 cals a day. I usually do 3 hours of exercise.Well now im starting to get hungrier than usual. I think its a way my bodies saying it needs more food. my daily cals are breakfast-230,lunch-400, & dinner 150-250 . I dont snack but decided i need to eat more. So im not sure what exactly tocget. So any ideas. Im kinda worried ill gaín weight if i suddenly start eating more so any reaasurance there will be greatly appreciated. I need snack.ideas and what food i cann eat at every meal time..im also a vegeterian And i know this isnt about food but im lowering my exercise to 2&1/2 hours, is that to much. Ill do an hour&1/2 at the gym then walk/run 30 min. And do a 30 min. Workout video. So could anyone answer my question. Please and thank you.

Replies

• msperkey3
    msperkey3 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Well, I'll give u MY opinion...may not be the right way to go about it, but here goes.... I don't think that you will lose any weight keeping ur body in starvation mode. It's gonna try to hold on to every little calorie you give it. I don't know how tall you are or your weight, but calculate your BMR. That will tell u how many calories your body burns by just living and breathing. there is also something called TDEE which takes in account your activity/exercise level. I did this and increased my calories, have finally started losing few lbs again. Hope that helps
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Ihave to agree... you arent eating enough. No wonder you are hungry baby! Get a sammich! (just make sure its on whole wheat wraps for 90 calories, and some lean lunch meat!)

Starving yourself will NOT help you get healthy. Trust me, i went into this wanting to LOSE WEIGHT.. now i want.. i NEED to be healthy, and i see that! It took me a year of searching, reading and learning before it smacked me in the face.. you have HAVE to eat to lose! im eating more today than i have in a year... and im finally losing!
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    didnt see the vegitarian thing, sorry about the lunch meat thing.. but, eat eat eat veggies and fruit! Lots! You have to eat more!!
  • Moniqua1
    Moniqua1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Granola and protein bars, granola in yogurt, my faves oh and pears all stay with you! I do think 2 1/2 hours is extreme but do what your body tells you it can handle
  • pkfrankel
    pkfrankel Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Eat a bagel with cream cheese. You will get about 400 calories. If cream cheese doesn't fit your vegetarian diet use peanut butter. That will yield about 500 calories.
  • JeremiahStone
    JeremiahStone Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Eat more
  • Gettinbk2me
    Gettinbk2me Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hun you need to eat more. MFP won't even let you go lower than 1200. Your not going to gain weight by suddenly starting to eat more but your not going to lose weight the HEATHLY way by doing what your doing now. My advice EAT.