Chalean, Turbofire, Turbojam, Insanity, P90X

Options
I posted about the last two but now there are additional ones. I would like to lose 45 lbs. I currently do cardio for 45 minutes and do strength training 3 times per week. I also eat 1200 calories and there are days where I eat my excerise calories. Which program do you feel was most effective and which would would you recommend for a women who is 5'3 , 174lbs. and in her 30's.
Thanks for your advice and recommendations.

Replies

• shannonshock13
    shannonshock13 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Turbo jam to start, then go to turbo fire and then chalean extreme and then do a hybrid of chalean and turbo fire. Insanity is usually too intense to start out with so is p90x
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I would recommend a chalean/turbo fire hyrbid program. it works so good!

but just remember when you strength train it is especially important to eat back all your workout calories, as much as possible. Your body NEEDS fuel to build muscle. It just will not happen without it.
  • Soniatantu
    Soniatantu Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Where did you purchase these through the beach body website or another site?
  • dree77
    dree77 Posts: 52
    Options
    Turbo jam to start, then go to turbo fire and then chalean extreme and then do a hybrid of chalean and turbo fire. Insanity is usually too intense to start out with so is p90x

I agree. I tried P90X a few times and while I liked the intensity, it was too hard to stick to and I felt like I never got the full benefits of the workout. I've done TurboJam and I love it, it's a good cardio workout, but a fun one - not just running on a treadmill. I am also in my 30's, and I think what you are doing as far as diet and exercise is good, except I do think your calorie intake is a bit low. When you are working out, especially intensely, you need those calories to fuel you. But, if you are not feeling fatigued, then keep doing what you're doing, try different workouts, and find what is best for you. Me - I play beach volleyball twice a week. It's an excellent workout (burns 700-900 calories in 90 minutes) and it's a lot of fun. :) Find your balance - it may take some time but you will figure out what works best for you :)
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I've done all but p90x (doesn't Interest me workouts are too long for my schedule) I have to say turbo jam was my absolute favorite. It was the funniest so I found I stuck with it the best and lost 50 pounds with it. I'm 5'2" so that is a lot of weight on a small frame lol. I had aweome results with turbo fire, didn't lose anything for two weeks then beginning of week 3 lost 3 inches off my belly all at once and on inch off each thigh, but found I had a harder time sticking with it, now on insanity which I'm doing more for the challenge of it the b/c I really enjoy it lol. I like turbo jam/fire be/c she is great about giving you the modifiers so that you can work your way up to kicking *kitten* instead of going to hard in the beginning and ende.ing up hurting yourself so you quit.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options

Took the words right out of my mouth. I did Turbo Jam first, then I got Fat Burning Elite (which u can skip if you want, i just didn't feel I was ready for fire yet). I just finished Turbo Fire last week and not I'm moving on the Chalean Extreme Hybrid.
    Chalene Johnson is an amazing motivator. She will make u want to get up every day! Her work outs are always fun & she's hilarious imo.
    Buy through beachbody or your beachbody coach.
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    (I know my Walmart sells a couple of these programs too in the fitness section so you don't have to wait for it to ship and the price is the same as the website, right now ours has p90x, insanity, turbo fire and 10 minute trainer)
  • malorie05
    malorie05 Posts: 5
    Options

I agree about the P90X. I borrowed it from a friend who couldn't do it because it was too hard. I basically had to get to the gym and get in some kind of shape in order to do the p90X lol. But once you can build up to it and do the program, its amazing. I loved Jillian Michaels DVDS. Tough, but they are only 20 min, and it was perfect to start out on. Good luck!!
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I love Turbo Fire! I'm getting Chalean Extreme next...when I'm home enough to have weights.
  • barney50501Missy
    Options
    What do any of you think about Body Revolution?? Doing Insanity right now but am thinking of doing Body Revolution after that.

(sorry...didn't mean to horn in on your thread...I just didn't see that one mentioned). :blushing:
  • potter315
    potter315 Posts: 15
    Options
    I am 3 weeks into TurboFire and I LOVE IT!!! It is high intensity but the schedule you follow helps mix it up. I still get lost in some of the classes, but even while getting lost and having to stop for water, I am burning tons of calories. It is cardio as well as core training, sculpting, abs, and toning. I am 190 lbs and I can handle the intensity. I was doing 30-60 min of cardio 6-7 days a week before I started this though. I really like the program and I am so excited to see the end results after the 20 weeks.
  • JustMaxine55
    JustMaxine55 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam!
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    Options

perfect advice !! I started with Turbo Jam and loved it so much I went to TurboFire. I currently own Chalean extreme, turbofire, p90x, insanity and slim in 6, I did about 3 weeks of p90x but it was just too boring for my taste. I needed something a little more fast paced so I didn't realize how long I was working out for.Also, I think it's more for toning purposes rather than losing weight. I have tried every program I could and always find myself going back to TurboFire. I lost almost 20 pounds and a TON of inches within a couple of months. I havent finished TurboFire yet b/c I seem to always have a set back, but I'm trying my hardest. and Insanity is deff. not good to start with..I did the fit test and wanted to throw up and die ! I ordered Turbo Jam, used, off amazon for like 15 bucks for the '5 rockin workou't DVD' ..start with that then go to turbofire..it is SO much fun...you will NOT regret it ! Good luck !
  • IcassI
    IcassI Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I can only speak to Turbo Fire. I had great results with that program and it kept me motivated throughout the entire program. Right now I am now doing a hybrid of CLX and Turbo Fire.

ETA: I had never heard of Turbo Jam so I started with Turbo Fire. I saw a informercial back in January and decided to buy it. My starting weight was 166 lbs and I'm 5'3. I had done kickboxing in the past at the gym but I was no where near in shape when I started. I don't know if I would buy Turbo Jam to start. See if you can find a free video of Turbo Fire online to see if you can do it. It seems like starting with Turbo Jam would be a added expense. And just so you know, when I started Turbo Fire I struggled a bit in the beginning getting all of the moves down, but after a few times I got it down. Just my thoughts.....
  • potter315
    potter315 Posts: 15
    Options
    this may also help

http://youtu.be/xz8DJy-YGIQ
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options
    You can get Turbo Jam DVDs used on Amazon if you don't mind building the set piecemeal. I started with Turbo Jam and have been doing the Turbo Fire Starter set for about a month now mixing Turbo Jam and with the Fire HIITs. I prefer the Turbo Jam strength workouts to the two Fire band workouts I have but that's probably just personal preference.
  • cindybickler
    cindybickler Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    started Chalean Extreme 3 weeks ago and i have already lost 3 lbs. Hit a plateau so I decided to to try CLX and start tracking my food on MFP again. Next I will try the turbofire/ CLX hybrid. miss my turbofire!!!