Metabolic Typing Test

Options
Forensi
Forensi Posts: 56 Member
I just did this Metabolic Typing test. I was talking to a guy at work who reckons it has a big impact on your diet. So I got Protein type. Reckons I should eat 50% protein. Just wondering what other people think about it? I've posted a link to the site.

http://www.naturalhealthyellowpages.com/metabolic/self_test.html

Replies

• lelstar
    lelstar Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I just did it out of curiosity and while a lot of it is confusing for me the recommended supplements pretty much match what my naturopath is trying to do for me.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i got protein type but mixed type was only 1 point away. i try to eat 40% protein but sometimes it's difficult if i'm not eating meat.

but generally speaking this makes sense. i do tend to feel better wheni limit my carbs to mainly fruits and veggies and maybe a few grains every now and again
  • christinato
    christinato Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I got type 3.

40%-45% Protein (Proteins = Meat, Fowl, Seafood, Dairy)
    50%-55% Carbohydrates (Carbohydrates = Fruits, Vegetables, Grains)
    10%-15% Oils/Natural Fats (Fats = Butter, Oils, Fatty Foods - ex. nuts, seeds, cheese, other fatty foods)

and it suggests a mixed multi vitamin like what I already have started to take
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I got mixed, but I don't eat like that. Protein normally always has the lowest ratio. I eat good fats, olive oil, natural pb, nuts. Not a ton of proteins. Most of mine comes from carbs :D
  • xASHYxSMASHYx
    xASHYxSMASHYx Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting that link, I actually bookmarked that awhile ago to fill out and forgot about it. I took it and it said protein type which for me makes perfect sense since I have PCOS and insulin related issues I have been limiting my carbs and seeing some results.
  • Megdmcda
    Megdmcda Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    i got protein........funny thing is that's the stuff i like to eat. :)