Insanity and P90X

Options
What is your experience with these programs? Are these programs for people who have been working out or for people who are completely out of shape or overweight? thanks

Replies

• auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Me and hubby where doing insanity together for a week, he is quite out of shape and decently over weight (me not quite as much) he lost 5 pounds in like 3 days lol. He struggled pretty good. I would say if you are a newbie and decide to do it, stop and take breaks if you have to so you don't hurt yourself and modify if you are worried about problems with your joints.
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    It is very intense and not for the faint of heart, if you are worried about it being to hard you could start with turbo fire and work your way up to it
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    i had started insanity when my husband had deployed last winter did it for a month i did lose weight abt 10 lbs came from insanity however inches came off so belly looked smaller i had gained muscle so the scale wasnt budging so much thats y they say to stay off scale lol however didnt finish hubby had returned so i fell off i was thinking abt starting it again but what ima do this time is just drop some weight then build muscle through insanity and weight lifting a bit of toning up .
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    My hubs and I also did insanity together. I am in shape he was not. He struggled, me not so much. He lost inches and belly fat... I lost muscle :-/ so I stopped the program prematurely and resumed with my regular routine. I would say this program is great for people just starting out.. but they need to go all in and understand that the title speaks for its self.... its INSANE!!! its a great cardio workout and good for bodyweight training... but if you already have muscle and are a weight lifter it could mess with your progress.
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    by the way i was outta shape before starting insanity i did do zumba classes but was def outta shape i did push myself i know fit test not so bad cause its starting point 1st day nt bad either pushed through as far as i could w/o breaks couldnt d last 5 mminute workout but jumped back in when they cooled down to stretch
  • michaelispas
    michaelispas Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I was completely out of shape when I started P90X in January. I lost 70 pounds and can do at least 30 pushups when I could only do 1 on the first day. So, yeah P90X is great for fat loss, Insanity too.

It's personal preference though, but I find that Insanity burns the fat off straight out, while P90X lets you gain muscle and get an overall package from lifting, cardio, and recovery.

The key to losing 70 pounds was of course nutrition. I had to eat clean and follow my percents each day, then the rest fell in place almost too easily.

So either program is great but you will need to combine the nutrition aspect with it to get maximum results. Let me know if you have more questions about anything.

One last thing- the nice thing about P90X is that you can modify any moves there are, like I did pushups on my knees until I could do them freely. Pullups on the chair, etc etc. It worked for me and It will work for you too :)
  • greggags2
    greggags2 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I did P90X and loved it. P90X is a ful workot program that makes you completely fit by the end of the 90 days. Insanity is a little bit shorter (60 days) and uses no equipment and still gets you great results. I would say if you want ot add some tone and muscle do while losing qwight do P90X. If you want to lose weight fast do Insanity because it is mostly all cardio. Even better is an Insanity/P90X hybrid which incorporates both workouts to get the best results
  • ramgi
    ramgi Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I don't think insanity isfor beginners unless you modify a lot of the moves and take lots of breaks. Who says it can't be done?