From Obese to Ideal Weight for a 30+ year old

Options
No, am not putting my pic yet. Still have so much to lose. Currently I weigh 202 lbs in 5'4 frame and 38 E bust. I'm 31 year old, and have been overweight all my life. My UGW is 122 lbs, last time I had this weight when I was 10 year old! For the last 10 years I've been obese, so I and people around me can't imagine myself in a slim and healthy body.

To be honest, I have some worries regarding this weight loss journey.
1. How my face going to look like when I get to my GW. Am I going to look very old? Since am already 31 y/o, and have been in this chubby face all my life. How's my cheek and neck gonna look like?
2. How's my chest gonna look like, are the gonna look very saggy? I already see more stretchmark on my chest. So, am doing upper body strenght training, 3 times a week, hope this exercises gonna make them look better in the future.

Nothing gonna stop me from continuing this journey. But, I'd be very happy if there's any of you who start this journey in their 30s and reach their weight goal, would share your pictures and stories.

Thank you very much!

Replies

• olik1981
    olik1981 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi.
    Do you use matric measurements too?
    I am 165cm tall ( actually, short:-)
    I am 97kg
    In november, i'll be 31.
    I'm whole my life fat. My husband thinks that this is the way
    I was created and it is not possible to change it.
    I so hate it when he says that!
    I believe and i can emagine myself thin.
    I need to do it for myself!!!!
    I want to do it for myself!
  • kaastengels
    Options
    Hi.
    Do you use matric measurements too?
    I am 165cm tall ( actually, short:-)
    I am 97kg
    In november, i'll be 31.
    I'm whole my life fat. My husband thinks that this is the way
    I was created and it is not possible to change it.
    I so hate it when he says that!
    I believe and i can emagine myself thin.
    I need to do it for myself!!!!
    I want to do it for myself!

Yes, am also using metric system. We have similar body composition! I'm 92 kg and 165 cm. I'll be 31 in August.
    I dont believe you can't change. I don't believe I can't change. I start it at 105 kg in Feb, now am 13 kilos lighter, and I can start wearing my clothes from 5-6 years ago. I know It's still long long way to reach my ultimate goal weight, for the last 4 months I've fell off several times, but I can make myself back on track.

From a website that fellow MFP-ers inform in this message board, I can calculate that I will reach my goal in june 2013. It's just a year from now. If I can keep myself back on track whenever I fell off, I dont see any reason why I cant keep doing this for the next one year.

Let's do it together! :D
  • Claire594
    Claire594 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I am 35 and 165 cm. I started this journey at 230lbs and in obese category 2 (bmi was 38) I am currently 179 lbs and just entered into the 'overweight' category (bmi 29.9)

My face has really thinned out and to be honest I now notice a few lines round the corners of my mouth when i smile that I didn't have before but on the whole I don't think I look older. No changes to my neck and my collar bones are starting to show which i love!

I think the girls have shrunk and to be honest a bit floppier. Definately gonna start doing some kind of upper body strength training to try an increase the muscle underneath and maybe lift them a bit.

On the whole though I am delighted with the changes in my body shape and while I will never have the perfect body I can't wait to see what I look like at my goal weight.
  • kaastengels
    Options
    Thanks! Congratz on you weight loss.

am worry abt that thin line around my mouth too. I notice it appear on the left part of my mouth. but so far I dont really look older. Just normal, i dunno after I lost more 10-20 lbs.

Firts days when I start upper body strenght training i can feel my chest become tighten and sore. But now, I can't feel the sore anymore. I hvent seen the result yet, but people says it starts gonna show after a month.
  • kcastro124
    kcastro124 Posts: 11
    Options
    It has been my experience going from 198 to 172 (20+ more to go) and being 41 years old, that when I was my heaviest all I saw were my chubby cheeks and now everyone notices my eyes. Faces change a lot with weight loss. I have cheek bones that I had forgotten about. We will notice some age lines when we look in the mirror but most others will comment on our eyes or our smiles. As I lost weight, my attitude and mood lightened and I began looking others in the eye and smiling more. I believe you will also! I understand that you don't want to post any pics yet but make sure to take them and keep a record so when you do feel comfortable you can post them a share your transformation with us! Good luck, we are all in the same boat!
  • lean4life2
    lean4life2 Posts: 49
    Options
    I am curious about this site that tells you when you will reach your goal weight,where do I find it?
    If you want to change then you will,it's that simple,and don't let anyone tell you that you can't!
    Stretch marks do no go away,every,no amount of weight lifting will get rid of them,they may fade but they will never go away,sorry :frown:
  • redscylla
    redscylla Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Although you may end up with extra skin or wrinkles you didn't expect, there are a few things you can do to improve your skin's health and therefore its reaction to weight loss.

1.) hydrate--your skin loves water and it's great for your diet, too. (This also means stay away from things that dehydrate your skin--smoking, alcohol, sun exposure)

2.) lotion--nothing fancy, but something decent with good oils, vitamins, and no petroleum products. Rub it in good everywhere. Every day.

3.) massage--improves blood flow to your skin and the connective tissues. Better blood flow means healthy skin that can adapt to change more easily. You can get professional massages or you can just massage yourself vigorously when you're applying that lotion.
  • brendacooks
    brendacooks Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am 52 years old and had been obese for many, many years. I am now in the "just" overweight heading towards a normal BMI. So far I have lost 37lbs. Everyone tells me I look younger so I don't think you have much to worry about at your young age! The best part is you will feel better. I feel so much stronger and fitter and I love being smaller. There is more room in my bed, my chairs, my car - I can bend over to tie my shoes, I can run up stairs easily... the benefits are so amazing and great. You will look fabulous! Believe it! I have seen so many before and after pics here on MFP and I haven't seen one that didn't look wonderful!
    11672710.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kaastengels
    Options
    I am curious about this site that tells you when you will reach your goal weight,where do I find it?
    If you want to change then you will,it's that simple,and don't let anyone tell you that you can't!
    Stretch marks do no go away,every,no amount of weight lifting will get rid of them,they may fade but they will never go away,sorry :frown:

This site, some people have tried it and say it's pretty accurate. I got it from this message board.

http://www.losertown.org/eats/cal.php
  • kaastengels
    Options
    Although you may end up with extra skin or wrinkles you didn't expect, there are a few things you can do to improve your skin's health and therefore its reaction to weight loss.

1.) hydrate--your skin loves water and it's great for your diet, too. (This also means stay away from things that dehydrate your skin--smoking, alcohol, sun exposure)

2.) lotion--nothing fancy, but something decent with good oils, vitamins, and no petroleum products. Rub it in good everywhere. Every day.

3.) massage--improves blood flow to your skin and the connective tissues. Better blood flow means healthy skin that can adapt to change more easily. You can get professional massages or you can just massage yourself vigorously when you're applying that lotion.

Thank you!
    Fortunately I never drink or smoke.
    Now I understand why many spa or salon offer massage as one of their service :D. I'll check on local spa here.
  • clairerose11
    clairerose11 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    When I was slim I was 143, 5 ft 4 and 28.... My face looked lovely... unless you have smoked all your life I very much doubt that you will look wrinkled and old!

If anything your skin will look youthful and glowing due to all the lovely fods you've been eating :D Reeelaaax :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!