Women & Men what is your weightloss weekly amt?

Options
Curious minds want to know:

Those that actually follow the MFP program pretty accurately, what is the amount you have set up to lose each week? 1lb-2lb?

What has been/ or was your average weight loss WEEKLY your first couple of months starting on this particular program?.

I am interested in finding out if there is a big difference with how much men lose compared to women following the MFP.

Replies

• Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    i am trying to follow, however i find myself not being able to get all 1200 calories! Ive set myself up to lose 2 pounds a week to start, because i know me, and to stay motivated.. i have to see results! lol

Tomorrow is my first weigh in! (wish me luck!!) so i cant answer the "weekly" part of your question, but im praying its the 2 pounds or close!

I was an under-eater for many years.. terrified to put on another pound, i didnt eat, and didnt realize that was part of what was making me heavy! Now im eating more that i EVER have (i used to eat less than 700 calories or so a day) and im LOSING... i can feel it! (im praying anyway! lol)

Good luck to you!!
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I started off at 2lb/week and was losing faster than that, so I went up to 1lb and continued to lose about 2lb a week, so fiddled some more and I can't even remember what I set at now, something like active and 0.5lb loss.
    My starting losses were all done on a sedentary setting, which I still think describes my (poor) lifestyle, but I'm slowly getting my changes there.
  • DB_1106
    DB_1106 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    The program that I use equates to about 1.26 pounds per week.
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    MFP says I should lose 1.37 pounds a week (1200 calories a day), but I chose not to eat my exercise calories back (maybe 40-50 most). When I hit a plateau, I will increase my net. I burn about 400 - 600 calories a day, with one rest day, on the elliptical. I'm losing about 2 - 3 pounds a week.

Hope that helps! And, contrary to popular belief, I AM gaining muscle. In my arms and legs. It's so awesome! I could kick some real @ss if I wanted to. ;)
  • new_blossom
    new_blossom Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    i am trying to follow, however i find myself not being able to get all 1200 calories! Ive set myself up to lose 2 pounds a week to start, because i know me, and to stay motivated.. i have to see results! lol

Tomorrow is my first weigh in! (wish me luck!!) so i cant answer the "weekly" part of your question, but im praying its the 2 pounds or close!

I was an under-eater for many years.. terrified to put on another pound, i didnt eat, and didnt realize that was part of what was making me heavy! Now im eating more that i EVER have (i used to eat less than 700 calories or so a day) and im LOSING... i can feel it! (im praying anyway! lol)

Good luck to you!!

Good luck girl, I know you will do it. If I can stick to it, so can you. Did you see my other posting? It was part 1 of this question. There are a lot of people that are really getting results actually following this program and saying it is pretty accurate. We can do it!
  • new_blossom
    Options
    I started off at 2lb/week and was losing faster than that, so I went up to 1lb and continued to lose about 2lb a week, so fiddled some more and I can't even remember what I set at now, something like active and 0.5lb loss.
    My starting losses were all done on a sedentary setting, which I still think describes my (poor) lifestyle, but I'm slowly getting my changes there.

I am set to lose 2lbs per week. I hope that it holds true for me. I am measuring all of my food intake and started exercising this week. I lost 9lbs pretty quickly and this is my 12th day so far. Considering last year when I tried this on my own- low carb diet- I lost only 13lbs from Jan 1st- June. Thyroid and stress had a lot to do with that result though.
  • new_blossom
    Options
    MFP says I should lose 1.37 pounds a week (1200 calories a day), but I chose not to eat my exercise calories back (maybe 40-50 most). When I hit a plateau, I will increase my net. I burn about 400 - 600 calories a day, with one rest day, on the elliptical. I'm losing about 2 - 3 pounds a week.

Hope that helps! And, contrary to popular belief, I AM gaining muscle. In my arms and legs. It's so awesome! I could kick some real @ss if I wanted to. ;)

sounds like you are doing great! Keep up the great work and I hope you do not have to kick any butt anytime soon.
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options

I am set to lose 2lbs per week. I hope that it holds true for me. I am measuring all of my food intake and started exercising this week. I lost 9lbs pretty quickly and this is my 12th day so far. Considering last year when I tried this on my own- low carb diet- I lost only 13lbs from Jan 1st- June. Thyroid and stress had a lot to do with that result though.

I should add I am a guy, so do have it easier.
    I was originally started off at 1360 cals per day, it didn't take me long (4 weeks maybe) to take it up to 1600(ish) then 1800(ish) now I am around 2100, but I have stopped logging to see how I do by myself. I kept at each setting for at least 4 weeks. I decided I didn't want to lose too fast to help avoid the saggy skin issue etc and the smaller the loss, the closer I am to maintainence which means I have a better idea of how I will have to live/continue once I reach my goal.
    I was also eating back most of my exercise calories.
  • Octopies
    Octopies Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have mine set to 1 lb a week. The first week I lost 5 lb! The second week I lost 3. Now that my body is done responding to diet/lifestyle changes, I'm slowly losing weight at a healthy rate- about a pound a week.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Goal is set to lose .5 lbs/week but I lose closer to 1.5lbs/week on that with eating my exercise calories.
  • fluffeesquirrel
    fluffeesquirrel Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Mine is set to 2 lbs per week, but I've pretty steadily lost about 3 lbs per week for the most part. I eat back my exercise calories which was about 300-400 when I first started a couple months ago and is closer to about 500-600 now. My daily limit without exercise is 1390.

Edit: It actually took me 3 weeks to see ANY change on the scale... so don't get discouraged if that's the case!
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I lose between 3-4lbs a week, I am currently on 1000 calories a day and exercise between 300 and 700, I eat them back when I want to or don't. This has worked for me for over a year, if I'm very hungry I might eat uneaten calories from previous days in that week, but making sure my weekly average is still below.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i'm not following MFPs guidelines because they are too low for my needs and my workouts. I eat the maintenance calories for my goal weight lose a little over a pound a week.

i zigzag my calories between 1600-2000 calories depending on my hunger levels
  • welsh_lass86
    welsh_lass86 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I started off eating around 1400 cals a day and steadily lost 2lb a week for about six weeks, then it dropped down to 1lb a week for a while. About 3/4 weeks ago I increased my calorie intake to 1600 a day and since have been loosing 2-4 lbs a week.
  • new_blossom
    Options
    Wow! So it does seem that people are losing weight by eating their calories + eating the calories they lose after exercising. That is amazing how the body works, Food is really used as fuel. And for all these years, every time I went on some sort of diet, I would deprive myself of certain foods and not eat enough, so basically, starving my body from food and nutrients it needed to keep me going. All those things you hear the trainers say is true!

Awesome! Yall keep up the great work. I am gonna do this.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I think my settings are at 1 pound a week right now, not really sure, I set a custom calorie goal. I refuse to eat below 1500. Since January I have kept my goal at 1600-1750 or so. I eat back around 50% of my exercise calories, depending on my level of hunger, so exercise days are more like 2000 calories. I have occasional days where I eat a higher percentage of exercise calories.

I have been tracking at between 1-1.5 pounds a week generally.
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I think my settings are at 1 pound a week right now, not really sure, I set a custom calorie goal. I refuse to eat below 1500. Since January I have kept my goal at 1600-1750 or so. I eat back around 50% of my exercise calories, depending on my level of hunger, so exercise days are more like 2000 calories. I have occasional days where I eat a higher percentage of exercise calories.

I have been tracking at between 1-1.5 pounds a week generally.
    I do the exact same thing as you, seems to be working fine for me as well :) I cannot eat all my exercise cals back because I am full, so I eat about half. The one thing I refuse to do is eat when I am not hungry, that's what got me here.
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    When I first started MFP, I had it set at "lose 2lbs. a week" and I lost about 2 lbs. a week pretty regular, until I plateaued. When I plateaued I set it to "lose 1lb. a week". I haven't lost any weight once I hit 165lbs., but that's okay, because now I'm losing inches and about to ditch the scale.
  • new_blossom
    Options
    @piccasso, that is great! Your pic with you and your kids playing together is priceless.