Weight Loss Plateau/Gain

Options
Since joining fitnesspal in November, I have lost 20lbs and I am 10 away from my goal weight. I work out for about 90 mins a day, elliptical, treadmill, stairstepper, running (depending on the day) and sometimes weight training. My calorie goal is 1200 and of course when I work out I have more calories. I haven't lost any weight for the past couple of weeks then recently I have gained a couple pounds which is SUPER frustrating because I've been doing so well. I'm not sure what's happening and I do not want to gain anymore. Can anyone shed some light?! :) Thanks!

Replies

• AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Since joining fitnesspal in November, I have lost 20lbs and I am 10 away from my goal weight. I work out for about 90 mins a day, elliptical, treadmill, stairstepper, running (depending on the day) and sometimes weight training. My calorie goal is 1200 and of course when I work out I have more calories. I haven't lost any weight for the past couple of weeks then recently I have gained a couple pounds which is SUPER frustrating because I've been doing so well. I'm not sure what's happening and I do not want to gain anymore. Can anyone shed some light?! :) Thanks!
    You're not eating enough.
  • classic_1
    classic_1 Posts: 147
    Options
    ^^^^agreed...that happened to me...ever since I've upped my calories and been shedding pounds 11 pounds actually. I was stuck at 184 then went to 187 b4 i broke the plateau. Now I'm 176
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Do you have MFP set for you to lose 2 lb a week? If so, because you're now only 10 lb from your goal weight, that might be too aggressive a calorie deficit for you now. 2 lb a week is a reasonable expectation for people who are obese, but with so little to lose you might do a lot better by switching to losing 0.5 lb a week. That should give you more to eat, and although it'll come off slower than you probably want it to, it will hopefully be a more consistent loss.
  • SukiRob
    SukiRob Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I had exactly the same issue up until last week. 20lbs lost with 10lb to go so I dropped my carbs to 30g and have started losing again. Im eating 1500 but no exercise at the moment as I have hurt my knee. I tried EVERYTHING before that. Increased cals, Increased exercise, decreased cals, zig zaggged cals...and the list goes on. This is the only thing that has worked for me. Good Luck I know how frustrating it is when you're nearly there!
  • jessica_j435
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I think I'll try and increase my calories to 1500. I think right now my weight loss goal is 1.5lbs a week or something like that.