Looking for buddies to get the weight loss going again

Options
Hi!
I'm one of those slow and steady type dieters, I think I enjoy food too much to be on a very strict diet. Losing weight the slow way, so far, has not required a major lifestyle overhaul for me: I'm still enjoying the occasional piece of pie or luxury breakfast or snack in the weekend.
Over the last year or so I got my weight down from 107kgs to about 100. However, recently I've kind of stalled, see-sawing around the 98-mark for a few months. I bet it's because the occasional treat slowly builds up to a regular treat.

So, now it's time to make furhter improvements to my lifestyle to get on the weightloss bandwagon again.

I hope to find support on the site! Maybe some other Dutch people around?

Replies

• herownkindofwonderfull
    herownkindofwonderfull Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!

Losing weight the slow way is the healthy way - so way to go!
    And cheat days are our best friends!

I should mention I eat A LOT (every 2-3 hours a lot)... and I lose weight while doing it!
    I do eat healthy, but I give myself a cheat day every week, too! So I still eat ice cream and hamburgers and mexican food on those days ;) Sometimes, even CHINESE! mmm...

Feel free to add me as a friend on here! I love providing support!
    I still have another 40lbs to lose until I reach my goal... but I've already reached 1/3 of it!
  • Carani
    Carani Posts: 24
    Options
    Cool, I'm just working on that point: building in some healthy snacks around 10 and around 3 in the afternoon.

My big stumbling block is the evening at the moment :(
    Nay, strike that, it has always been snacking in the evening.
    I fell wayyyy off the bandwagon this week, scorfing down a piece of cake AND a frosted muffin after dinner wednesday, and some crackers and banana chips yesterday evening. Ding, ding, ding, emotional eater alert! :-P

(I know I should just not have the stuff in the house, but yeah.... life. Had a long-time-no-see-friend over on wednesday and my son brought the muffins back from kindergarten...)