Turkey Burger Recipes?

Options
Does anyone have any good turkey burger recipes? My plan was to mix turkey and beef...but I dont know the first thing about making a burger out of a bird lol.

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    you make it the same way you make a beef burger since it's just ground meat. the only difference is a)turkey isn't gross (:laugh: sorry had to throw in my own beef is yucky opinion) and b)turkey is leaner.

because turkey is leaner you're going to want to season it really well. what i do is mix in my spice mix that includes salt, pepper, thyme, cumin, red pepper flakes, sage, mustard powder, garlic and a little grated lemon peel. mix it all together in your ground turkey, shape into patties and cook like normal. also since it is leaner you definitely want to make sure you dont overcook or else your turkey burgers will turn into dry lil hockey pucks.
  • doorknobs3
    doorknobs3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    :wink: :wink: Turkey Apple Burgers - (by Company's Coming low- fat cooking)
    I have a very good turkey recipe that not only does my family enjoy but have others ask how to make it. Even the teens that come to the house ask if I will make turkey burgers my way. That is a compliment I like. I usually buy my turkey from Costco but it can be gotten any where, Here is the recipe as written although I do make some alterations.

1lb lean ground turkey
    1 large egg (fork beaten)
    1C crushed soda crackers
    2T chopped onion
    garlic to (1 small crushed or pwd)
    1sweet juicy apple finely diced
    3/4tsalt
    1/2t pepper
    1T parsley (optional

Combine ingredients and form into 6 patties. Broil or grill over med heat.
    ( The alterations that make, I omit the crackers and sub for oatmeal less needed and healthier. Also omit the egg because the turkey is wet enough and will hold together with out it. Also less fat.and the taste is the same.:wink::wink:
  • sarahann013
    Options
    I prefer turkey burgers to beef, just because I'm really not a beef eater (do not give me a steak, haha!)
    Anyway, I like to take Wishbone's Italian dressing and mix it in 93/7 ground turkey with an egg and some cracker to bind it together. You can form it into patties or roll it into balls (how i typically do it), then just cook it in a little extra virgin olive oil on the stove.
    I typically don't have to add anything else to the burger like cheese or mayo, the Italian dressing is enough for me!

Unfortunately, I don't have exact measurements for the dressing, but it's typically a pretty liberal amount--just play around with it, you really can't mess it up. :)

Hope this helps!
  • PhiMuHoney
    PhiMuHoney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Sargento has a good Italian Turkey Burger recipe... just Italian seasonings (basil, oregano, onion, garlic, salt, black pepper), topped with 1 TBSP low sodium spaghetti sauce and 1 slice reduced fat provolone (their thin sliced provolone is good too). It's soo tasty!