Calories... Switching from TurboFire to ChaLEAN Extreme

Hi everyone!
I finished the 90 day TurboFire program at the end of May... during the program I had my calorie goal set to 1500 (I ate back my exercise calories for a net of 1500). I'm now doing the ChaLEAN Extreme/TurboFire hybrid, and there is MUCH less cardio in this program. I have no idea how I need to modify my calories now in order to continue to lose weight while toning. I'm afraid to eat as much as I was during TF since I was burning 300 - 500 calories/day, whereas now I am lucky to burn 200/day.

Has anyone done this? How did you adjust your calories?

Thanks in advance for your responses =)

Replies

• peterson_jessica
    peterson_jessica Posts: 119 Member
    BUMP! I'm also wondering about calories during weight programs versus cardio...
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    You should be able to eat the same. If you're burning less calories you'll just have less to eat back.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    I just logged what my hmr calculated and netted the same amount.
  • Kenzieb07
    Kenzieb07 Posts: 207 Member
    I'm just so worried that TurboFire is a more intense cardio program which has my heart rate up all day, meaning I can still lose weight while netting 1500 calories. I'm not sure if I should change my net goal to 1200-1300.... I guess I'll have to play around w/ my calories until I figure out what works for me! =)
  • TBoom915
    TBoom915 Posts: 115 Member
    Kenzie, like capricious said you remain at the same calories...please don't lower your calories, you will just have less calories to eat back from workouts.
  • IcassI
    IcassI Posts: 248 Member
    I would also listen to your body. Going from TF to the CLX/TF hybrid for me I have noticed I am more hungry. My calories right now are still set at 1350 which is what they were for TF. I haven't modified them yet and I am at the end of week 2 for the hybrid.
  • Princess_Sameen
    Princess_Sameen Posts: 284 Member
    This is strength training! Your calorie output will be lower however you will still require those calories, as recommended don’t eat so many calories back . Body still needs enough calories to heal th ebody after the work out :)
  • lipsticknlattes
    lipsticknlattes Posts: 49 Member
    I agree. I wouldn't drop your calories too low because your body needs enough fuel and calories to maintain muscle. If you don't eat enough, you won't see much progress muscle-wise. Plus, your metabolism is probably through the roof.
  • Kenzieb07
    Kenzieb07 Posts: 207 Member
    Thank you ladies SO much! :) I will keep my calories what they are and adjust them if I find after a month or so that it's causing problems. Appreciate all your responses!