Jillian Michaels DVDs what one to start with???

Options
2»

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Have a look at Jillian Michaels Body Revolution or her 30 Day Slum Down

It's a rotation suposedly created by Jillian ( although I cant find the original source). It consists of the 30DS, No More Trouble Zones, and Burn Fat/Boost Metabolism. 

Here is what the program looks like

DAY 1 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 2 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 3 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 4 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 5 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 6 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 7 - OFF!
    DAY 8 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 9 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 10 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 11 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 12 - BANISH FAST, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 13 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 14 - OFF!
    DAY 15 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 16 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 17 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 18 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & 2
    DAY 19 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 20 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

DAY 21 - OFF!
    DAY 22 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 & 1
    DAY 23 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 24 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 25 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 26 - OFF!
    DAY 27 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    DAY 28 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 29 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 AND THEN LEVEL 1
    DAY 30 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES 
  • cari4jc1
    cari4jc1 Posts: 233
    Options
    Wow great thank you. Do you exercise with DVD every day?

Yep! :) I'm a stay at home mom to 3 kids and going to a gym just isn't my forte. It's easier for me to exercise at home and it works for me.
  • KGreen1122
    Options
    I recently started with the 30 Day Shred, Today is day 6 for me. I'm two days ahead of my weekly weigh in schedule (I usually weigh on Thursdays) and I just had to sneak a peek at the scale. My body is really changing and fairly quickly too! So I just had to know if I was down any more. I've lost 7 pounds since I started it!! I'm doing The South Beach Diet in conjunction with 30DS and MFP. I've done the SB diet for 6 weeks now and am down 25 pounds from that. I love the 30DS!! It really challenges me. The second and third day I wasn't sure I was gonna be able to get out of bed! But I made it and continue to push myself and I've never felt better!! Good luck!! :)

PS...I also didn't buy the DVD's....they're all on YouTube for free!!
  • sssuuuzzz
    sssuuuzzz Posts: 20
    Options
    I just finished 30DS and am moving onto RI30. I also recommend doing these workouts with something extra, walking, running or even another work out video. I do some Tae bo because I think its super fun and the workouts go quick.
  • margaretasid
    margaretasid Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Well thats me sorted for the weekend :) Will have a go over the weekend to get use to all rutine.

Thank you for all messages they really helped me :) Oh im gonna look so hot this summer lol ;)
  • Sia_33
    Sia_33 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    i just started 30 day shred today at level 1 and its really effective. it is hard, but who ever said losing weight is easy? But if we stick together the hard work will pay off.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I started with the 30DS, and in my opinion it's the best to start with. Had great results!
  • ChanniVincent
    Options
    It depends what your interested in, I started with the Yoga Meltdown because I enjoy yoga. I use other ones to now.
  • jennt_22
    jennt_22 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I personally started with Ripped in 30. As a beginner yeah it was hard for me but I pushed though it and did the moves the best I could - Jillian is good about giving you modifications. This DVD also has 4 workouts instead of just 3 like 30DS. I actually did RI30 like 2-3 separate times and it has given me results each time! If you want something a little easier then I would choose 30DS.
    As far as the Extreme Shed video - it is my least favorite out of ALL of the Jillian video's I have (I have done all of them except 30DS because I already had RI30). So in my opinion get RI30 any day over Extreme Shed.
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much for all posts, its great help. My fitness level is quite low. I am running and in 3 weeks taking part in Race for Life 5K run ( will die at the end of it im sure).

I know there are levels in all those DVDs. Will i know when to jump to the next level? Or i just do it when i feel like it?
    Also i want to do that exercise in the morning. Is that possible or will i be dead and unable to walk??

I wouldn't call that a low fitness level. Give yourself some credit. You may or may not find it challenging enough but it is $10 and a good start. Try it.
  • TRUDIVA88
    TRUDIVA88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • brite_star182
    Options
    I also had this same question. Thanks to the posts I'll be starting the 30DS this week!
  • bgirl88
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred. Today. It hurts.

I started 30 day shred today aswell, its intense!
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I started the September 30 DS group here on MFP and I am so hyped to get to the end of this month and see the final results! I only started yesterday, so Level 1, Day 2 here but other than a little muscle tenderness and achiness I am feeling great. I have a big (busy, hectic, run around, can't stop to *breathe*) day on Tue at work after the holiday and I am fearing what I'll feel like for that. But from what everyone says, by Day 4 I shouldn't be hurting/aching so much. Let's hope so. My job doesn't allow for "I will get it in a minute!" LOL

For those of you who have just started 30DS, join the group here. It's a big help!
  • MaryJane073
    MaryJane073 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Margareta!
    I was in the same position like you and decided to go with 30 day shred first, as it was praised to be the most known and best fitness dvd. I liked the fact that it has 3 levels of difficulty so it was perfect for me, as i was a beginner to sports back then. Later i checked a list of all available dvds of jillian on jillianmichaelsfitness.com to see how i can go on and improve myself. It was helpful to see the dvds ordered by difficulty level and small reviews where i could check if these workouts are really for me.

I hope i could help you out on this and please ask if you need to know anything else!

Mary Jane