Anyone out there go to curves?

Options
I've been here for about 3 months and haven't seen anything about curves. I'm one month into my membership and did my first check in today. I'm up 2 lbs but down 2 inches??? Just curious to see what experiences others have had. The reviews of curves is all over the board and some seem to believe it depends on your starting point. My starting point was 347 lbs. I'm currently down to 338 but feel as though it should be faster. I figured at my starting point anything was better than nothing but will this get me where I want to go?

Replies

• thundercatkho
    Options
    Curves experience really does depend on your personal prefrences I think.

I went to Curves for a year to support my mother and get her into excersing. I switched to a conventional gym this year because I did not like the Curves circuit. During my time at Curves I did end up losing about 5lbs while there; but I'm not a fan of the exercise circuit, I found that that I got lazy becuase there wasn't really an intensity to the workouts; it's "go at your pace" style didn't mesh well with my" push yourself" training mentaility. I am a tennis player, have been for years and I'm used to a more intense type of workout so I left Curves.

My mother however, loves it. She's been going to Curves 6 times a week for a year a half now and she's down 42lbs. She looks and feels great, and I think that it is great for people who are looking for something to get them moving and are looking for something realitivly low impact. Curves is pretty good for a starting point, I think once you reach a certain point though, you may want to look into either changing over to a converntioanl gym, or supplement your Curves workouts with some other cardio such as jogging or speed walking a few times a week.

As for being up 2lbs but down in inches, that happens to a lot of people, it may be due to you building some more muscle mass. Muscle weighs more than fat, and you are losing fat and gaining muscle from your workouts. Keep up the good work, stick to it and you'll keep seeing encouraging results :)

Good luck with your fitness goals!
  • tmptina
    tmptina Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You are probably gaining muscle, don't rush results, it will happen. losing inches is good! your doing something right.:drinker: