Toot toot!

Options
AwesomelyAmber
AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
Feeling the need to shout from the rooftops today... I HAVE LOST FOR FOUR WEEKS IN A ROW!!!

I was on a plateau (of my own making, I am sure) since roughly November 1st. From Nov to June 1st I had lost 3 pounds in yo-yo-ing up a few down a few. Once I figured out what I was NOT doing and changed it up a bit I started dropping weight again! The month of June has been AWESOME! Down 7.5 this month!

If you hit that dreaded plateau, change up your routine... it really does help! :drinker:

Replies

• therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! :drinker:
  • IRun4Me_12
    IRun4Me_12 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work!
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    You think you can, You think you can, You think you can....

You KNEW you could, You KNEW you could, You KNEW you could

hahahaha Awesome!
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Awesome job with not allowing yourself to become discouraged. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • AwesomelyAmber
    Options
    Thanks all!!!!
  • SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Thanks for the inspiration. That kind of commitment is amazing!!
  • cip1
    cip1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    congrats! nice one - congratulation on patience & sticking with it & now - congratulations on moving on!

now - what was the reason for your platou? let us know - whom knows, it might really help other people to work out why they aren't loosing weight.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    Options
    Reason for my plateau... ugh, it makes me feel silly to tell the whole community, but I will :blushing:
    I have NEVER counted the amount of coffee creamer that I used, ever. I was very sure that it couldn't be 'all that much' in the way of calories... then one of my great and wonderful MFP buddies suggested that I just look and see.
    I am a coffee drinker. A big time coffee drinker. I start with 1/2 pot at home and once I am at work I drink probably a full pot, sometimes a pot and 1/2. My mugs are HUGE. Each tablespoon of creamer is about 35 calories. Each mug 'was' loaded with 4-6 TABLESPOONS...seriously. So low end of 4 per cup meant that I was consuming between 500-600 EXTRA calories per day than I was recording. I measure it all now...and drink most of my coffee black. The cream is more of a treat than a MUST HAVE.
    (please note that this is addition to my 8+ glasses of water a day too!)
  • smblakely
    smblakely Posts: 25
    Options
    Toot toot!!! You are awesome!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!