NO MICROWAVE AT WORK

Options
I was just wondering if I could get some help with "What to eat fro lunch" When there is not a microwave available at work. I would love some low cal lunch options. I’m tired of salads & sandwiches! Any Suggestions?

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I drive Fed Ex in a very rural area so I take my lunch along! I bought a soup size thermos, fill it with very hot water to warm the container first, I then boil progresso lite soup and pour it in the warmed up thermos and it is ALWAYS hot! I use it for hot dishes & chili too! I eat cold turkey/chicken salads and sometimes I make a lite chicken salad mixture and put it on all grain crackers too! Gotta learn to be inventive sometimes! Best wishes!!!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I agree with vhuber. In grade school they didn't give us access to a microwave so I always put my stuff in a thermos. It really does keep things warm for a long time! I just had a plastic one, nothing fancy! :wink: I liked to put leftovers from dinner in there, or soup/chili/stew.
  • lgfeilmeier
    Options
    Along with the thermos (which is a great idea!) you can also try mixing it up a bit. Try adding yogurt, string cheese, crackers, poptarts, etc. Who says you have to have a "standard" maincourse. Calories add up no matter what you eat just look for things that can be eatten cold or at room temperature.

Look for things you can make using the coffee machine or toaster if you have access to those at work.