Polar HRM Users--need your help!

Options
Do you use a heart rate monitor (HRM)? If so, which one? I've heard great things about Polar, and that's what I'm thinking I'll get. So with that, does anyone have any recommendations for which model and which chest strap to get?

I will need a rather *ahem* large chest strap, and as far as the watch part of it, I obviously want the HRM, calorie burn, etc. but what other features are available/should I get?

Any help would be appreciated!

Replies

• robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I use the polar F4 with the chest strap, I find it cheap and easy,
  • WhiskeyCity
    WhiskeyCity Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar HRM but it just is a "HRM". It doesn't do anything but tell you how fast your heart is beating and records time. One thing I will say is that I've had other brands and my Polar has lasted the longest. I think it's now 6yo and runs like a champ. Great durability.
  • Valkyriewoman
    Valkyriewoman Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I like my Polar FT7. The strap is adjustable.
    You input all of your stats in before starting.
    I also like that you can track your workouts on their website if you buy the flo-link.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I weigh 345 at my last weigh in, and the standard chest strap fits fine, no worries there! :) I have a Polar F7 and I LOOOOOOOOOOVE it. :)

Mine tracks heartrate and cals burned.

• MandaKayMakesIt
    Options
    Ha! Ali, I was just coming on here to message you, since I've heard you mention your HRM before :)

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I think I'm going to go with the F4, since I like the color choices better (how girly of me) and it's less expensive. Do you guys use any apps on your phones to sync the info? Do you sync it to your computer or just copy it manually? What do you do?
  • Ayirela
    Ayirela Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I went with the FT4 as well I got the purple/pink one LOL my partner did the orange and black so I can understand wanting that girly color!! LOL