Is this the kind of 5K everyone is talking about

Options

Replies

• mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    the one in raleigh? that's the one i'm doing in setpember
    I did it and it was the most fun event ever. I am now hooked. Doing a Zombie Run in September.

Yes! The one in Raleigh. :)
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    They are a blast!
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    That's it right there. That or a Warrior Dash, Spartan Race, Tough Mudder, Ruckus Run, Run For Your Lives, Hero Dash, etc. etc.

Most fun a person can have.
    agree
    Double agree! :laugh:

Ran the Run For Your Lives 5K in May and it was a ridiculous amount of fun!
  • amruden
    amruden Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Doing the Dirty Girl in Omaha this September.
    1st run ever!
  • souperficial
    souperficial Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Whoah, this is 20 minutes from my house. Too bad I'll be at school in New York while this is happening.
  • flukes9
    flukes9 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Warrior dash was really fun! I'm trying the Color Run this year too, which looks like it'll make some awesome photos.
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Totally fun! I did Rugged Maniac AZ last year. Doing it again this year. Also did Warrior Dash and Tough Mudder. Mud n Guts and Devil Dash coming up this fall followed by a Spartan Race in Feb. Good times!
  • 3RMomma
    3RMomma Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I was a Dirty Girl in May - it was so fun!!!! I'm doing the Color Run in 2 weeks and I'm thinking of doing the Run for Your LIves in September!
  • susiewm9
    susiewm9 Posts: 1
    Options
    There was one in Scranton, PA in MAY, 2012 .....Dirty Girl:happy:
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    There's also the Goruck Challenge (Google "Goruck challenge" to find one near you), which someone I know did recently. Also, in Columbia, SC this October, there is the USMC Mud Run, which looks like a lot of fun http://usmcmudrun.org/index.html. I'm thinking about doing that one, although Columbia is about an hour and a half from me, but there are Marines helping you through the course. That in itself may be worth the drive :wink:
  • mstclair03
    mstclair03 Posts: 151
    Options
    Volunteering for the Color Run, Rugged Maniac, and Spartan Race in AZ! Wahoo! So excited to help out
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    There's also the Goruck Challenge (Google "Goruck challenge" to find one near you), which someone I know did recently. Also, in Columbia, SC this October, there is the USMC Mud Run, which looks like a lot of fun http://usmcmudrun.org/index.html. I'm thinking about doing that one, although Columbia is about an hour and a half from me, but there are Marines helping you through the course. That in itself may be worth the drive :wink:

The USMC Mud Run look AWESOME!
  • AngieWood611
    AngieWood611 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am signed up for the Diva Dash which is on September 8th and going to sign up for the Tuff Scrambler (which i think is just a local thing) which is in October. :D

Any good tips for getting prepared for such a race?
  • valoried
    valoried Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I did my first mud run "Dirty Girl" this past April and LOVED it. My next one is the USMC Ultimate Challenge in October in SC! I am addicted!
  • ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Doing the Dirty Girl in Omaha this September.
    1st run ever!
    Me too! Super excited, but a little nervous. :wink:
  • Aspynmom
    Aspynmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Doing the Foam Fest 5K in Seattle tomorrow...looks like so much fun!!! Mud+Foam+Obstacles=Awesome!!!
  • chelw727
    chelw727 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I've done the Warrior Dash and Beach Palooza! Most fun races EVER!
  • moxiecowgirl
    moxiecowgirl Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    another fun one is The Color Run!

go to thecolorrun.com for details and locations

This looks like entirely too much fun! It's in my area tomorrow, but I have prior plans. Sad panda!

At least I have something to look forward to next year!
  • AmyMalley77
    AmyMalley77 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I did it and it was the most fun event ever. I am now hooked. Doing a Zombie Run in September.

My 14 year old son and a couple friends did the "Run For Your Lives" Zombie 5K earlier this month. They had so much fun. I just watched though...