New to MFP with a long journey ahead.....

Options
2»

Replies

• JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I don't like to exercise around others either, that's why I workout at home. I gave up a long time ago on an exercise buddy too, finally realized I could only count on myself for motivation and I like to do things on my time! ;) Don't look at this as "long", take it one day at a time, yes its a journey, it's a lifestyle change!!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Please refrain from calling it a Journey! Its not a journey, your not going anywhere, call it a new life, lifestyle change, anything but journey. Journey is an American rock band formed in 1973

Life is a journey....just saying. :wink:
  • cdl8
    cdl8 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I wa sin the same boat as you!! I wanted to change because I also see the struggles from my daughters. I am happy to report I am down 47 lbs, but I still have 30 more to go! It was very hard for me to workout but I set goals and accomplished them, as I'm sure you can too!! I would love to have more support and would love to help you through this too. Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • gettinfit4god
    gettinfit4god Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My advice: Stop making excuses and do it. Stick with it and you'll be amazed at the influence it has on your kids! As for embarrassment when working out, I had to choose to change my mind and you can too. Now instead of worrying what people think as they see the big girl riding her bike all over town, I get excited that someday they will see me out riding again and think, "Hey! Didn't that girl used to be fat?"LOL! It's all in your mindset!

Add me and we can work at this together!
  • pamlaney
    pamlaney Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm a recent newbie. Feel free to add me. We can encourage each other and share tips too.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    You have come to the right place.
    Just read up and follow the MFP recommendations; eat lean meats, low fat dairy, whole grains, nuts, fruits and veggies.
    It's not so much hard to understand than to execute.
    Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
    And this:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo
    Learn all you can about MFP and how it works.
    Track your diet and exercises, and you will see results.
    ALL IS POSSIBLE :flowerforyou:
  • gabmar02
    gabmar02 Posts: 5
    Options
    Good morning. I started my life changing journey 5 weeks ago and I have lost 16 lbs. I have an illness that makes my bones hurt and I was sure I would not make the exercise part of the plan, but I am walking at least 30 minutes now and even doing aerobics. I wll suggest the aerobics online - there are many 10 minute work out videos free online and they work. They are not too hard to do, but they get your heart pumping. I find that my joints are feeling better - this is definitely motivating - feel free to add me and count for support!
  • LiveEventsGroup
    Options
    I always tell my partner when she feels unsettled that beauty is in the eye of the beholder & I am the beholder . . . she looks fine to me :)x

Darren
    www.liveeventsgroup.co.uk
  • ndblades
    ndblades Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me if you like! I started my lifestyle a a few months ago, and this site has been great! My 4 daughters are totally supportive of me: my 14 year old even researched the internet for best "muffin top" burning exercises - I can see how positively my change is affecting them! LOVE IT! Add me as a friend if you like - but keep your diary open to your friends - it makes a difference in how you log, the help you can get, and also look at others, for more food ideas!