Combat Training?!?! Anyone?!?!

Options
Anyone have experience with the tire, sledge hammer, and rope workouts/exercises?!?!? I am getting ready to start working out with each of those mostly for my upper body. Any suggestions or success stories with using this method?!?! I've watched instructional youtube videos and I'm really excited about it.

Replies

• iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    O-M-G I would LOVE to do something like that!!!! Gotta look up those videos!!!

Looking forward to seeing answers to this post!!
  • akiramezu
    akiramezu Posts: 278
    Options
    I do it nearly every day, i hardly lift weights at all. it bores me, i love sledge hammer and tyre and battling ropes
  • rattler0812
    rattler0812 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've done it as part of my actual military training. It's a GREAT workout. But, I will warn you to pace yourself. Military training requires that you complete the station as they outline. Push yourself, but don't kill yourself. One modification I did for the tire was build a sled (of sorts) that my kids could sit and hold on to. Then I pulled them back and forth in the yard. That burned after about the fourth lap and they had a blast riding.
  • lobearjw
    lobearjw Posts: 62
    Options
    O-M-G I would LOVE to do something like that!!!! Gotta look up those videos!!!

Looking forward to seeing answers to this post!!

SO AM I!!!! I know some people who have worked with that and those results are AMAZING!!! And you lose the weight so fast.
  • lobearjw
    lobearjw Posts: 62
    Options
    Im excited! I know it will be a great workout. I get bored with regular cardio and all of that stuff. I won't something that will make me sweat and feel like I'm actually doing something.
  • ohjessie
    ohjessie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am new here..just setting up my account and putting in my excercises......I can't seem to find the "battle rope" or "combat rope" in the database, any ideas on another name for it? or how many calories one generally burns when doing this type of workout?
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    3 times a week with my PT - I am addicted to it.
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    When lifting the tires left with ur LEGS NOT YOUR BACK....