annoyed!! (ranting)

Options
I am annoyed! Someone just posted on facebook, "Shamu is in the creek!" In a comment underneath, they put some people should not wear bikinis. I hate name calling. Its rude and you never know how much of an impact you have someone when you call them something. (I am aware that whoever they called Shamu will never know, but thats not my point :) )

I think its great that this girl had enough confidence to wear it. I would never be caught wearing one, that's for sure, but I would love to have more confidence like her.

Replies

• MosierTim
    MosierTim Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Pinky, I agree with you that the person was rude and insensitive in what they posted.

I will, however, agree that there are some clothes that do not look flattering on some people. I, for one, would not wear spandex out in public without shorts overtop of them because it does not look good. It shows off all those things that I don't like to start with.

Also, while I agree that Confidence is a good thing, sometimes good judgment is a better thing. Just because they make clothes in my size does not mean they will look good on me or that I should wear them.
  • grandmasally13
    Options
    You're totally right - it's not the point whether the person who is the target of name-calling will ever see it or not. The point is, in my opinion, that adults should act like adults, and that includes respecting other people. They should be ashamed of themselves for such a cruel "joke" - and it's not funny.
  • scunningham2012
    scunningham2012 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    You never know, that girl that is overweight wearing that bikini may have lost like 50lbs. Yeah, to some it's not an appealing sight (I don't care...I never judge a book by it's cover) but to them it was an accomplishment to feel comfortable in their skin. A lot of people don't put that kind of thing into consideration.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    People are dlcks, don't let it bother you.
  • NamibianRose
    NamibianRose Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Pinky, I agree with you that the person was rude and insensitive in what they posted.

I will, however, agree that there are some clothes that do not look flattering on some people. I, for one, would not wear spandex out in public without shorts overtop of them because it does not look good. It shows off all those things that I don't like to start with.

Also, while I agree that Confidence is a good thing, sometimes good judgment is a better thing. Just because they make clothes in my size does not mean they will look good on me or that I should wear them.

I think people should wear whatever the heck they want. If I don't like it and don't think it's flattering, I don't have to look at them. I regard the way someone dresses as personal expression, who am I to judge? Just because I don't find it attractive, who cares, it's not about me. But I know people disagree with me, I can't even tell you how many times I've heard some nasty remark about an overweight person's dress and how it was rude of that person to subject them to that. I just happen to disagree and that's pretty true of me for everyone. Skinny, overweight, goth, preppy...do your thing.

*edit...weird grammar oops
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    People are dlcks, don't let it bother you.

True story
  • lorelei31
    lorelei31 Posts: 6
    Options
    I think it just goes to show how much overweight people are stereotyped in our society....and how much that kind of stereotyping is still "acceptable" by a lot of people. I became overweight when I started having my kids....so I know how much differently overweight people get treated....it's not fair, and it's not right! Right now I am a thin person in a fat body....if....no....when I reach my goals, I hope to be a fat person in a thin body and then I'll be much more apt to call people out on this kind of stuff. Whatcha think? :smile:
  • zaxmom09
    zaxmom09 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I agree!
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    errrrrrrrr......ignorant people don't realize that Karma is a ***** and will come back and bite them in the butt cheeks!!