30 pounds in 30 days

Options
I did my weigh in tonight for first time since I have been on MFP. I lost 30 pounds in 30 days!

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    22139-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Yellow-Emoticon-Face-With-Big-Glasses-Staring-With-An-Open-Mouth.jpg

WOW!!!
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    wow!
    how did you manage that?!
    :drinker:
  • Joonace
    Options
    Wow!!! That's incredible! You have to share what you did!!
  • kimmie0627
    kimmie0627 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Oh please tell how you did that. PLEASE. :flowerforyou:
  • saabrock09
    Options
    wow that is amazing.. How did yo do it?
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Congrats! Keep up the great work. =D
  • jennlabori
    Options
    great job
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Wha?
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Yeah, share with us your ninja weight-losing secrets!

Congrats :)
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Are you my Brother-in-law?
  • jhb090107
    Options
    Yes Iplayoutside I am your brother-in-law.

I have no ninja secrets for weight loss. I have been using a treadmill that keeps track of your heart rate and calories burned. I try to hit the treadmill everyday but average about 5 days a week. I walk hard and try to burn around 1000 calories. I vary the speed and incline and have gotten to where I can burn 1000 calories in about 75-80 mins. I do some weight training, about 5 different exercises low weight 3 to 5 sets for 40 reps. I have a background (in a long past lifetime) doing a lot weight training (football, wrestling, and power lifting in high school) so it is really hard for me view what I do with the weights as real strength training so I look at it more as a concentrated activity to keep my heart rate up in the "burn zone"

As far as my diet I have so much weight to lose that I get like 2600 calories a day but I my line in the sand is 1700 and I mostly stay below that line. B/c of my situation I have a lot of weight to lose and don't worry about eating too little or going well below the recommended calories - I need to continue to learn about portion control and smart food choices.

The closest thing I have to a secret weapon is that I use and ozone sauna 6 days a week. The sauna sessions ( even w/o the ozone) burn about 350 calories per 1/2 hour. I am a firm believer in Ozone therapy just google it (or google O3) and love the benefit. I am not sure how much this factors into my weight loss beyond the sauna itself.

I also drink at least 2 liter of ozonaited water and at least 2 liters of water day. This is not hard at all when you spend over an hour on the treadmill.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Your weight loss is awesome. Keep it up!
  • dcherry88
    dcherry88 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Awesome job man! be careful of plateau effect thought. I shed off my first 50 lbs and then have had to fight through this brick wall of weight loss. So glad i was able to push through it. Keep up the awesome work!
  • Trinaw
    Trinaw Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing and keep up the great work! I did the tredmill today and only burned 312 calories now I guess if I wanna see those results I better step it up!!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Good job !!! As I told your brother in law, post the pics!! It is amazing to see how a person's looks change with that amount of weight! Also tell us about yourself on your profile it is nice to know a little and put a face to whom we are posting to!!! I am going to check out the ozone sauna, my husband and I were talking about installing one! What is ozonaited water, may I ask??? I think it is awesome that you two are getting your health back, you are much to young to be sidelined with something you yourself can controll ! Keep up the fitness and watching your calories and SOON you to will be back to being "hotties"!!!! Good job!!!!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Good job !!! As I told your brother in law, post the pics!! It is amazing to see how a person's looks change with that amount of weight! Also tell us about yourself on your profile it is nice to know a little and put a face to whom we are posting to!!! I am going to check out the ozone sauna, my husband and I were talking about installing one! What is ozonaited water, may I ask??? I think it is awesome that you two are getting your health back, you are much to young to be sidelined with something you yourself can controll ! Keep up the fitness and watching your calories and SOON you to will be back to being "hotties"!!!! Good job!!!!

Pics will be coming Sat, before and after my Turkey Trot.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options

Pics will be coming Sat, before and after my Turkey Trot.
    Awesome!! I am so excited!! I love those kind of pic's!! Good luck in the run! Remember to make sure your running shorts still fit!!!
    Verda
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    that is amazing congrats!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!