I have just begun to change my life and my life style

Hi Everyone,

Well, I just cannot take my weight gain and sedentary lifestyle any more. I am 37 years old and over the last ten years, I have gained over 85 lbs. I just have not been able to keep the pounds off. I've blamed my busy life to my changing body to other people. Enough is enough. I just cannot stand to look into the mirror and see myself any more. I want to lose the 85 lbs. that I have gained and lead an active and healthy lifestyle.

My partner and I just recently joined our local YMCA and have been trying to work out 3 times a week. We also started replacing breakfast with a glass of freshly squeezed vegetable juice (apple, spinach, celery, cucumber, carrot, green pepper, and tomato, and ginger) and an organic soy protein shake. We've been trying to eat a healthy lunch and dinner. We have been doing this for about 3 weeks and have already lost about 7 pounds. I can already see a slight change in my face and I am loving it! I know slow and steady wins the race which is the hardest thing to accept as I want to lose this weight faster. I have started to count my calories, which is something I never did before. Gosh, I have been consuming way too many calories for way too long! Who knew!?!

It is hard sometimes to motivate myself to go to the gym after I get off from work. But, I push myself by thinking about burning some of the calories I have consumed, knowing that by doing so, I will lost weight. The only person who can truly motivate me to lose weight is me. No more excuses. No more blaming. I have to do this for me and I know I can do it. I am not weak. I just have to get over the mental crap that I have trained myself to listen to for all these years.

I am really glad that I ran across the website and community. I hope to be inspired by others going through what I am going though and hope that I may also inspire some as well.

Best,

Dilu N.

Replies

• Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Stick w/ it.
  • Stick with it, you're doing really well and I'm proud of you so far even though I don't know you.
  • amandaa02
    amandaa02 Posts: 57 Member
    Welcome.... This site is just awesome.. Ive been on here for about 3 weeks.. and Ive lost 11lbs.. I havent been exercising.. Had a lot going on.. but I think just watching what you are eating and drinking lots of water are a good start.. I log everything that I eat.. Even chewing gum.. I log it all..
    Good Luck!!! :happy:
  • Thanks Everyone! I love the support and am hooked onto this site already! :)
  • armishia
    armishia Posts: 34 Member
    Keep pushing. I just joined the gym on 6/19, and I have lost 4 additional pounds since then. I have to go after work too, but I push myself too. Keep up the good work!!!:laugh:
  • 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    :happy: You trained yourself to be lazy (like many others including myself!) Now train yourself to be ripped/hardcore/happy/fufilled !!!! (Like me and many others are doing!)

Your only as strong as you allow yourself to be.

YOU CAN DO IT !!!!
  • Sphilips1909
    Sphilips1909 Posts: 30 Member
    Congrats. We all have our struggles and this site is the best to keep up your motivation and keep a clear mind on your goal. I break down once a week and eat crap.. but I always can see it in my diary. Helps me to remember it and change what I shouldnt be doing. Good luck.
  • johnnys30
    johnnys30 Posts: 64 Member
    You've done the hard part by starting. Just keep up with it and there's nothing as motivating as seeing desired results.
  • bellafrmtx
    bellafrmtx Posts: 18 Member
    Congrats on your will to change and the success & results you've already starting seeing! It seems like you've started on a great track already and I hope you are able to keep it up! I've been working out for nearly 6 weeks and have lost 26.6 lbs so far! :)
  • AwesomeOne66
    AwesomeOne66 Posts: 220
    Great story, feel free to add me...
    Sharon from Australia :smile:
  • MaybeAMonkey
    MaybeAMonkey Posts: 247
    I love that you've committed to this journey and have a loving supporting partner to share this experience with! Congrats on the changes that you're already enjoying, I can't wait to hear more about your success. Feel free to add me, I log daily and check out the forums on weekdays and help keep my MFP friends feeling the support they need to reach their goals. Congrats again and good luck!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Welcome and good luck - sounds as if you and your wife has made a great start - keep going - the results are so worth the effort.

I make sure my gym bag is packed and in the car, so I can go to the gym straight from work - if I go home first - and put my bum on that couch it is much harder to get going again - so it works for me to go straight from work....

Planning and being prepared has been 90% of the reason I have managed to make it work - the moment I have a bad week where I have not planned and prepared the wheels come off.