College student new to site.

Options
Hello! I'm a newcomer to the site as of today. My swimming class required me to do a nutrition chart for two days so I could valuate my eating patterns. It was pretty distressing to realize I only get about 1k calories a day despite frequent exercise, so I've decided to stick with the site to try and force myself to develop healthier eating habits (I simply don't eat frequently enough or in large enough quantities). First goal is to start consistently hitting the target calories for maintaining my weight, second goal will be to gain a few pounds.

Despite having attempted to meet the recommended calories for today, I'm still about 800 short. This may be an arduous task, but I'm excited to become a part of this community.

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will LOVE it, I have the same goals as you pretty much, just trying to maintain. Enjoy the site :happy:

~Leash :heart:
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Hello & Welcome Jat925, I hope you achieve whatever target you set out for yourself either health or business. Yes I know even if you eat regular sized meals the calories can be a difficult thing either way to much or below average it may take a few weeks, but once you got it your set. I hope everything goes well for you. :smile:

Jason
  • number7
    number7 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey, welcome to the site. This is such a great tool, it has helped so much keeping track of everything and motivating me to pay attention to nutrition and some of the people on here have amazing stories and results to share. Good luck!
  • spinningmango
    spinningmango Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    hi and welcome to the site :)
  • mhollist
    Options
    hi!

I'm pretty much doing the same trying to eat well-rounded meals and hitting the calorie mark daily! good luck!