Is this the kind of 5K everyone is talking about

2»

Replies

• JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    There's also the Goruck Challenge (Google "Goruck challenge" to find one near you), which someone I know did recently. Also, in Columbia, SC this October, there is the USMC Mud Run, which looks like a lot of fun http://usmcmudrun.org/index.html. I'm thinking about doing that one, although Columbia is about an hour and a half from me, but there are Marines helping you through the course. That in itself may be worth the drive :wink:

The USMC Mud Run look AWESOME!
  • AngieWood611
    AngieWood611 Posts: 38 Member
    I am signed up for the Diva Dash which is on September 8th and going to sign up for the Tuff Scrambler (which i think is just a local thing) which is in October. :D

Any good tips for getting prepared for such a race?
  • valoried
    valoried Posts: 2 Member
    I did my first mud run "Dirty Girl" this past April and LOVED it. My next one is the USMC Ultimate Challenge in October in SC! I am addicted!
  • ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    Doing the Dirty Girl in Omaha this September.
    1st run ever!
    Me too! Super excited, but a little nervous. :wink:
  • Aspynmom
    Aspynmom Posts: 166 Member
    Doing the Foam Fest 5K in Seattle tomorrow...looks like so much fun!!! Mud+Foam+Obstacles=Awesome!!!
  • chelw727
    chelw727 Posts: 93 Member
    I've done the Warrior Dash and Beach Palooza! Most fun races EVER!
  • moxiecowgirl
    moxiecowgirl Posts: 291 Member
    another fun one is The Color Run!

go to thecolorrun.com for details and locations

This looks like entirely too much fun! It's in my area tomorrow, but I have prior plans. Sad panda!

At least I have something to look forward to next year!
  • AmyMalley77
    AmyMalley77 Posts: 72 Member
    I did it and it was the most fun event ever. I am now hooked. Doing a Zombie Run in September.

My 14 year old son and a couple friends did the "Run For Your Lives" Zombie 5K earlier this month. They had so much fun. I just watched though...
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,468 Member
    Also the "Hot Mess" Mud Run in Greenleaf WI on Sept. 15th! whoo hoo cant wait!

I'm doing this one also!
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    just competed in Zombie Escape at Panic Point (Zombie Mud Run). here's me at the first set of mud obstacles.

me.jpg
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    That's it right there. That or a Warrior Dash, Spartan Race, Tough Mudder, Ruckus Run, Run For Your Lives, Hero Dash, etc. etc.

Most fun a person can have.

bump~!
  • CALake
    CALake Posts: 269 Member

Run (obviously), work on upper body strength, and find a cute costume!
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    I am signed up for the Diva Dash which is on September 8th and going to sign up for the Tuff Scrambler (which i think is just a local thing) which is in October. :D

how was diva dash? strength training! if you can run 2 miles you'll do fine with the running because you stop a lot (bottlenecks at obstacles, walking before/after obstacles, standing trying to figure out obstacles). zombie escape was my second mud run and it was COMPLETELY different from my first. first one was all about walls, walls and even more walls of various heights up to 12 feet. zombie escape was mud, ropes, water, mud, ropes, water. only obstacles they had in common were climbing up and over tires.