Sandwich ideas

Options
Kiswinning
Kiswinning Posts: 35 Member
Hi
I'm a flight attendant and I would love to hear of your favorite low cal sandwich ideas. I bring other things with me but when I'm working, sandwiches make it easy for me to eat. I don't have access to a microwave on the plane but I can heat up water and warm up my food that way.
Thanks
Kathy

Replies

• haeffel2
    haeffel2 Posts: 34
    Options
    Have you ever seen those sandwich thins? It's like a bun/bread slice only incredibly thin? Haha. They're not only delicious, but they cut out some of the carbs you normally consume with a sandwich.
    Also, use avocado on any normal sandwich (like ham and low-fat cheese or lettuce and cucumber) instead of mayo or other condiment for healthy fats and a reduction of other sugars or saturated fats that can hide in your average sandwich.
  • fabandfunat51
    fabandfunat51 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Those sandwich thins are great but I LOVE the Thomas's BAGEL THINS! OMG in Everything Flavor - ea them with a Boca Burger - make them ahead of time and put your mustard, etc. on them and you can still eat cold or heat up. total of 200 calories for the sandwich and very substantial, filling and low fat/calorie. 19 grams of protein in each burger! Yum!
  • ImpishScoundrel
    Options
    The Impette found a surprisingly tasty sandwich treat that just happens to be very low in calories.

Radish sandwich spread:

1 cup chopped fresh radish
    1/2 cup low fat cream cheese
    Splash of lemon juice
    1 Tbsp chopped parsley
    1 Tbsp minced chives or scallions
    1 1/2 Tbsp Capers (rinsed)
    5 black olives chopped

combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly. Refrigerate for about an hour to let the flavors meld.
    Spread about 4Tbsp on your favorite bread, I prefer Italian bread.
    Add fresh Arugula or Spinach leaves as garnish.

The radish spread, if I calculated it correctly, is only about 38 calories per 4Tbsp serving. If you use one of those thin style buns you're talking less than 150 calories per sandwich.
  • CutieKate08
    Options
    Ingredients:

Deli Turkey
    Spinach leaves
    hummus (roasted red pepper)
    onion
    tomato slice
    pepper
    low fat Colby Jack cheese
    whole grain bread

So good! and hummus is a great alternative to mayo...tastes good and is low cal. Sometimes Ill even trade the hummus for avacado to mix it up a bit. :)