Nom'ing on the 4th of July!

Options
Shannon023
Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
My daughter and I always make the "Flag Cake" but am looking for new summer yummies to try. :smile:

What do you traditionally make, bake or grill?? :drinker:

Replies

• Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options
    FlagCakes_header.ashx

Its a flag cake but it's a special request from my husband since his birthday is the 5th. We are also going to do a beef brisket in the smoker....yum! Maybe some coleslaw and corn.
    Found this cake on the betty crocker website.
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Oh, that's pretty, Froggy! :love:

I found a recipe for a "Loaded Potato Salad" that looks really good, but also looks to be about 1,000 calories/bite. :noway: :embarassed:

Might still be worth it though. :bigsmile:
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Think I'm going to surprise my husband and make dry rubbed ribs. His bday is the 7th and we always celebrate in on the 4th. Red Potato salad sounds good too.
  • timmy2strikes
    timmy2strikes Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    My birthday is on the 4th so I will also have birthday cake. My mom makes a banana split cake that I love!!!
  • Froggy1976
    Options
    Oh, that's pretty, Froggy! :love:

I found a recipe for a "Loaded Potato Salad" that looks really good, but also looks to be about 1,000 calories/bite. :noway: :embarassed:

Might still be worth it though. :bigsmile:

I'm looking forward to the brisket more than the cake. And I also have a weakness for potato salad.
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I make beer can chicken and brisket for the 4th.
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    FlagCakes_header.ashx

Its a flag cake but it's a special request from my husband since his birthday is the 5th. We are also going to do a beef brisket in the smoker....yum! Maybe some coleslaw and corn.
    Found this cake on the betty crocker website.

That looks too good to eat. Oh who the hell am I kidding? I would pound down about three slices of that bad boy!
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    Just posted this on my son's facebook......hopefully he will be home for the 4th. It's a long long trip from Afghanistan.

We just bought 5 slabs of ribs, a brisket, a pork butt, boneless turkery breast, sausage and 3 lbs of thick cut bacon to make a pork explosion, two bags of grass, 75 pellets of mescaline, 5 sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of uppers, downers, screamers, laughers....also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer....wait a minute, strike everything after pork explosion, your dad got confused. Can't wait for you to get here and help us eat it all!

Like · · 1 · 2 hours ago ·
    Options
    Just posted this on my son's facebook......hopefully he will be home for the 4th. It's a long long trip from Afghanistan.

We just bought 5 slabs of ribs, a brisket, a pork butt, boneless turkery breast, sausage and 3 lbs of thick cut bacon to make a pork explosion, two bags of grass, 75 pellets of mescaline, 5 sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of uppers, downers, screamers, laughers....also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer....wait a minute, strike everything after pork explosion, your dad got confused. Can't wait for you to get here and help us eat it all!

• Shannon023
    Options

HA! Thought you just made us all a accessory to your crimes! :laugh:

(Is that the right way to spell "accessory" or did I just turn us into scarves???) :embarassed:
  • Froggy1976
    Options

Mmmm...we made one of those bacon explosion things a while back. So good!
    Options

HA! Thought you just made us all a accessory to your crimes! :laugh:

(Is that the right way to spell "accessory" or did I just turn us into scarves???) :embarassed:

Yes Shannon, you were correct in your spelling. Spelt the same way but with multiple meanings and personally I don't want to be turned into a scarf.....I have always pictured myself as more of the bewjeweled cigarette holder if I were to be an accessory. :bigsmile: