mom of 2 ready to get her body back

Options
Hi, I'm a 33 yr old mom. I am tired of being fat! I want my kids to be proud of my looks. My son is starting Jr high this yr. I don't wanna be his fat mom. I started this journey at 215 lbs. I wanna get back into my size 4 jeans I wore when I found out I was pregnant with my baby girl. My goal is 125 lbs. I am not giving myself a time limit because I want to do this slow and healthy. No more crash diets or starvation. I would love a buddy. Someone who will understand my journey without judgement.

Replies

• emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya, doll. I have two kids, ages 4 and 6 months. Before my youngest, I was a size 4 (5foot 7?5), and was working out 5 days a week. Now I am trying to clean up my diet, and I'm doing strength stuff at home. I just don't have time for the gym right now. Anyway, if you'd like to lose weight together, send me a friend request! :-)

And GC is really very nice. He makes me laugh a lot, and he likes bacon. :flowerforyou:
  • mamatafari
    mamatafari Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Mum of 3 (under 5). I used to be a size 6 (before #3). I was running, doing yoga, jillian michael's dvds. Now I walk a lot. It's hard, but we can do it :) I also follow a vegan diet but have realized that I haven't been eating tons of veggies like before. Being so busy with 3 makes it difficult to always eat well..
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    Hi! Another mom here! I have a 6yo girl & 5 year old boy.
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the same thing, my little boy is a year old so time to stop procrastinating lol (i've also got a almost 4 years old and i lost all my baby weight plus some after her so I'm hoping I can do it again) feel free to add me as a friend I could def use some more!!!
  • Crumleygirl
    Crumleygirl Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm not a mom but the last line of your paragraph is totally me. I understand the journey and that doing this isn't easy. Add me if you like. Plus my goal is also 125
  • barbaracoffing
    barbaracoffing Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you...started at 215 too, but joined at 208 just last week. This is a wonderful site with lots of supportive people and advice. Feel free to add me!
  • ericalouiseepperson
    Options
    I feel you !!! Mom of 2 myself. Two boys ages 3 &1. I gained so much weight with both pregnancies. I was 110lbs before I found out I was pregnant with my first. I want the energy and health to keep up with my boys. I have SLE (lupus) and my medications cause weight gain. At my current weight my lupus is constantly flaring. My goal is to get back down to a tone and fit 150lbs. I started this site last week and have already lost 5 lbs just from getting my butt off the couch and watching what I eat. You can do any thing if you have the motivation. Congrats on taking the first step. This site has really helped me and it can help you too!!!! Feel free to send me a friend request.
  • burtonhl
    burtonhl Posts: 57
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I could use the support too!
  • aztraea
    aztraea Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yes, two kids here and tired of being the slubby chubby mama. I was very thin through most of my life and still feel confused when I see myself looking the way I do now :) Good luck!
  • yamira2282
    yamira2282 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Lets make it happen. I just got myself here to also find friends and support . I am starting at 170 i have gain 45 in two years. After several doctors saying everything was ok, i found a real doc that has identify whats going wrong. Now after 4 weeks i am ready to start my fitness regimen. I have CFS and vitamin deficiencies that now are being focus. So lets join the ride together. Hutson thank for you support links. Great.
  • tikab89
    tikab89 Posts: 29
    Options
    I could use some MFP mama friends! I myself went up 40 lbs after having 2 kids. My first was a C/S back in 09 then in December I had my Vbac. I'm a shorty, 5'1. So 150 on me doesn't look good!! Trying to get down to 130 but 120 is my ultimate goal!
  • ChristyU74
    ChristyU74 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Feel free to send me a friend request too! I'm also a mom of 2, and with MFP and changing my lifestyle found my way back into a Size 4 this year! But it's definitely the journey, not so much the destination for me anymore. I may have hit my goal, but that doesn't mean I can quit working. Best wishes to you as you start this process! :smile:
  • Carani
    Carani Posts: 24
    Options
    Wow, a whole crew of ladies I can relate to!
    I'm mother to an almost-3-year-old boy, started my weight loss yourney at 235 lbs (had to google that since we're stricktly kilo-based over here in Europe :P), currently stalling at around 215 lbs.

I'm also on the lookout for new friends, as it's time to take some action to get off my current plateu (which is strictly speaking not so much a plateau as a swinging between 97 and 99 kg for the last three months, due to me being rather ill with a kidney infection and repeaded falls off the wagon).
    Friends on the way would be appreciated!
  • egarcia83
    egarcia83 Posts: 11
    Options
    I have 3 kids, gained 60 lbs with my last 2 pregnancies. I have about 60 lbs to lose, and I know it's not going to be easy, but we can do it! I want to get back into my pre pregnancy clothes as well, but i really want to be able to wear my wedding ring again...I refuse to get it sized because I don't want to ruin the ring. Good luck ladies!
  • Meloyelo2010
    Meloyelo2010 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm in the boat with you!
  • kbenson32
    kbenson32 Posts: 4
    Options
    I am right there with you...except...I don't ever remember having a body. But I can change right? My son is also starting Jr. High this year, and I teach at the same school. I'll friend you and we can support each other!!! :wink:
  • sdavis105
    sdavis105 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hiya! Im a mom of 5, lol. 18, 17, 16, 13 and 4... And I use to be a size 6 before baby number 3... Looking for other moms that would like to partner up and help keep each other motivated and accountable.
    Feel free to send a friend request. I can use all the help I can get!
  • hartmanb1
    hartmanb1 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, I just joined from a friend request and thought I'd look around to see what kind of posts were on here... you were the first one I read and I felt like I was reading about myself. I am starting this journey at 215 and I would like to take my time and get down to 130ish. I have 1 daughter that has consumed my life for the past 6 years. Somewhere along the way I have lost myself and desperately want to find myself again. If you would like another person to cheer you on, I could use one too... feel free to add me as a friend! Good luck on your journey!