I'm losing my fire :(

Options
2»

Replies

• BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Bluntly put... YOU need to take action to succeed.

Lacking motivation? Redefine what it is you WANT, all I am reading is that you have given up, you no longer WANT it. Im not bashing you here, Im just giving you the blunt honest truth. You stated you only workout maybe 3 times in stead of 5. It's all on you. You either DO, to do NOT.
  • beastm34
    beastm34 Posts: 12
    Options
    I believe it has also been recommended not to do cardio before weight lifting for maximum benefit of weights. I originally read it in the forums here and then googled it.

i didn't know that. but you know how i said i've started only doing the cardio once instead of twice... i now usually do that once part after my weight lifting. so that worked out.
  • beastm34
    beastm34 Posts: 12
    Options
    Bluntly put... YOU need to take action to succeed.

Lacking motivation? Redefine what it is you WANT, all I am reading is that you have given up, you no longer WANT it. Im not bashing you here, Im just giving you the blunt honest truth. You stated you only workout maybe 3 times in stead of 5. It's all on you. You either DO, to do NOT.

i agree, but the only reason i don't go more isn't because i don't want to. it's because I'm a chicken who will not go by herself. My dad has been having to go out of town doing prison ministry stuff and work, and my brother has started to help train the JV football team from my old high school so neither of them have been going. I beg them to go with me just for cardio but they usually can't or don't want to. It's something i need to get over but i just can't go alone.
  • urasweethart
    urasweethart Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    already said 2xs in the time it took me to post
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    You may have just gotten a little burnt out. 5 days a week is a lot of dedication. I was doing that for a little while, but I just ... I think I really just dislike being at the gym. If I had a home gym of my own, I would be more inclined to work out. One of my good friends here has her own home gym, nothing fancy, just weights, treadmill, squat rack, mats, etc and has completely changed her body for the better.

Maybe you could work toward doing that, looking on Craigslist for your own stuff, or simply try something new and different?

Either way, best of luck. Great job so far.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    A pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat. A pound is a pound when it comes to weighing.
    When you're talking volume, muscle weighs more. Take a chunk of muscle and a chunk of fat that are the same size, and the muscle weighs more.

A pound is still a pound. Muscle may take up less VOLUME/ROOM but it weighs the same. This is why measurements are important when building muscle.

VOLUME and WEIGHT are NOT the same. You cannot compare apples to oranges. I believe you are trying to state, though, that the OP needs to focus on lowering Body Fat Percentages, which is where measurements come in.

All things said...read, my prior post. The OP need to WANT it..."Losing my fire"... If you WANT it, GET it.
  • urasweethart
    urasweethart Posts: 123 Member
    Options

i agree, but the only reason i don't go more isn't because i don't want to. it's because I'm a chicken who will not go by herself. My dad has been having to go out of town doing prison ministry stuff and work, and my brother has started to help train the JV football team from my old high school so neither of them have been going. I beg them to go with me just for cardio but they usually can't or don't want to. It's something i need to get over but i just can't go alone.

dont chicken out remember you are doing this for you not anyone else sit back and look at what it is you want and what it is going to take to get there then do it if you dont want to go to the gym by yourself go walking/jogging do pushups and other exercises at home get a jump rope its amazing what a simple piece of string can do for you lol but if its what you want dont put yourself on the back burner jsut cause your scared face your fear