30 day Shred by Jillian Michaels

Options
MizzIcy
MizzIcy Posts: 32 Member
Just received my Jillian Michaels 30 day shred DVD today and I am excited to get started. If there is anyone out there that is starting today or willing to start in the next few days, please friend me. I would love to do this 30 day journey with someone who will be as motivated as I. I also would love any tips or words of wisdom from anyone that is currently doing the 30 day shred or that has completed it. :smile:

Replies

• hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I started 11 days ago, good news is i can see some difference in my shape. Its hard work but worth it, Although i now HATE pressups grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • kastlekonmama2012
    kastlekonmama2012 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi there...my daughter and I both are starting this evening. Would love to join you for the next 30 days. I have about 40 pounds to lose and she has about 15 to lose. I started my diet a week and half ago and need to exercise. Good luck to you!
  • Nikocan
    Nikocan Posts: 95
    Options
    Hi! I am currently on Day 6 Level 3 of the 30DS and trust me, this one is a life changer.. My body has toned up and I have definitely lost inches. I actually fit into my prebump pants/jeans after almost 1 and 3/4 years of having my little one. One word of advice would be to not give up..Your body will hurt..the knees will hurt and every possible muscle might scream but push through and it gets easier..Trust me..The pain disappears and only results remain and they are so worth it. I wore my old jeans out today and I felt soooo good..30DS has worked so much for me that I am planning on doing a repeat as soon as I am done with this one..
  • kamanda85
    kamanda85 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    There is a group that is starting 30 ds on July 1st - I'm joining that. I also sent you a friend request. We can motivate each other!
  • Claire594
    Claire594 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm starting it on Sunday. Feel free to add me too. :)
  • srhershey
    srhershey Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I am starting it today, I joined the group that's doing it the month of July. Feel free to add me as a friend
  • Jkc9059
    Jkc9059 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Experimenting with it now officially starting on Sunday. Feel free to add me!!! Good luck!
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I am going to be starting it tomorrow, mine came in the mail today too so feel free to add me!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I tried 30DS and quit after one week because the program was TOO easy for me. Even though I was 40 lbs overweight at the time the program was a MASSIVE downgrade from what I was already doing for exercise, so nothing that they did in the video challenged me at all. The cardio portions, the weight portions, the ab work, all of it. Nothing required any real effort. I can only say this program is for people who are REALLY out of shape who are beginners to fitness.

I have nothing good to say about this program or about Jillian at all. You can do better with a set of heavier dumbbells (stuff that actually challenges your muscles in under 10 reps) and a jump rope in 15 minutes a day. Not kidding.

EDIT: I recommend to the OP that you pick up some basic but rigorous gear such as dumbbells that don't come in colors and a good pair of running shoes or cross trainers. You'll go much farther there than anything that hack Jillian is pushing. And unlike people who do 30DS, you'll actually get stronger in the process. You'll be banging out pullups in no time, ending up capable of real feats of athleticism. Her workouts are structured to get you LOOKING the part but that's it. You end up with a body that can talk the talk, but not walk the walk, if you catch my meaning.
  • alikrorp225
    Options
    I'm hoping to start on July 1st as well. Very excited about adding this to my daily routine. I probably won't JUST do the 30DS, though. I love to go walking and I try to do 50 crunches per day, when I have time.
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Sunday with the group. Feel free to add me for support =)
  • xchrissy51809x
    Options
    starting sunday.i tried doing it before but kept giving up this time im dedicate!
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm Emily. :) I'll be starting the 30DS on the first of July. I've completed the 30DS twice before, but since I've gained some weight back and lost muscle.. Here I go again! I used to use 8 pound weights, but I think I'll be using my 4 pounders now.
  • MizzIcy
    MizzIcy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the friend request I am so looking forward to starting, July 1st and us supporting and motivating each other.
  • MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I tried 30DS and quit after one week because the program was TOO easy for me. Even though I was 40 lbs overweight at the time the program was a MASSIVE downgrade from what I was already doing for exercise, so nothing that they did in the video challenged me at all. The cardio portions, the weight portions, the ab work, all of it. Nothing required any real effort. I can only say this program is for people who are REALLY out of shape who are beginners to fitness.

I have nothing good to say about this program or about Jillian at all. You can do better with a set of heavier dumbbells (stuff that actually challenges your muscles in under 10 reps) and a jump rope in 15 minutes a day. Not kidding.

EDIT: I recommend to the OP that you pick up some basic but rigorous gear such as dumbbells that don't come in colors and a good pair of running shoes or cross trainers. You'll go much farther there than anything that hack Jillian is pushing. And unlike people who do 30DS, you'll actually get stronger in the process. You'll be banging out pullups in no time, ending up capable of real feats of athleticism. Her workouts are structured to get you LOOKING the part but that's it. You end up with a body that can talk the talk, but not walk the walk, if you catch my meaning.

I have been working out for 18 months and consider myself fit.
    I have good stamina and endurance.

The shred is challenging me in new ways and it is tough. It's what you make it. You can modify exercises you find tough and can push yourself to do higher skips, higher kicks and more pushups/sit ups.

I'd not say it was for really out of shape people.
    I'm not out of shape but can see the results already after 4 days.

Added cardio etc is great and a good idea as the calorie burn isn't that hight. But for improving muscle tone, stamina and general fitness I think this is great.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options

I have been working out for 18 months and consider myself fit.
    I have good stamina and endurance.

The shred is challenging me in new ways and it is tough. It's what you make it. You can modify exercises you find tough and can push yourself to do higher skips, higher kicks and more pushups/sit ups.

I'd not say it was for really out of shape people.
    I'm not out of shape but can see the results already after 4 days.

Added cardio etc is great and a good idea as the calorie burn isn't that hight. But for improving muscle tone, stamina and general fitness I think this is great.

I understand where the guy is coming from at least. At one point 30DS got too easy for me too, but I did just as you said and pushed myself harder. :)

Also want to point out that it may have been too easy for him because... Well, it's a workout aimed towards women. I'm not saying a guy can't and shouldn't do the Shred. :) But come on. Jillian motivates with images of jean and bikini shopping. (You'll see.. Level 1 I think! Hahaha)
  • allycat54
    allycat54 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Started yesterday and I really do like it. I don't love the side lunges with the anterior raises but hopefully they will get easier. It goes by really fast and I like the good sore feeling it gives me :)
  • Fred4point0
    Fred4point0 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I think the Jillian Michaels dvd are awesome. I have completed 30 Shred, Ripped in 30 and I started Extreme Shed and Shred last Monday. The programs work. You just have to stick with it for pete's sake. Even if you get bored or think it is easy stay the course because you will see results and become disciplined which is what being fit is all about. BTW... I have lost a total of 43 lbs. 20 of those lbs can be attributed to J.M.'s dvds. But hey...check them out and find out for yourself.
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I just started today! D1L1, and I loved it. I can tell it's gonna be a tough but great 30 days!!
  • hoppinfroggin22
    hoppinfroggin22 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    <<<<<< My 30day shred results! Good luck and push through it! Well worth it!