I need help mixing it up.

Options
So I've been at this for.. ohhh 3 months? Lost 17lbs so far, I've slowed down on the wt loss the past 2 weeks, but so has my motivation.

My normal is go to the gym 5days/week. Cardio (elliptical or running intervals on treadmill) for 35-45 minutes then up stairs for lifting 15-20 minutes. On my lifting I lift as much as I possibly can for 3sets of 5. Is that enough? I'm never sore anymore..

Any tips?

Replies

• hoodlette
    hoodlette Posts: 20
    Options
    First, congratulations on your 17 lbs. You should be proud!

I have been going to a boot camp 5-6 days a week for the last 7 months and just in that time I have had several highs and lows. When you exercise every single day it's hard to keep the motivation at the same level the whole time. You just have to "keep on keepin' on" until you get your grit back. MFP did that for me! I've been counting calories for about a month and have lost 6lbs already on this program.

If you aren't feeling sore anymore I would try to change it up some. I've always heard that if you stick to the exact same exercise and diet routine for too long that your weight loss can slow down as a result. Don't be afraid to try new things! It's all part of the excitement of becoming your new self. If you have never been confident dancing in front of anyone, see about joining a Zumba class for a month, etc. Everything we are all doing isn't just about being skinny. It's about living a full and happy life where we are comfortable with who we are. Weight loss is just a component of that.

Good luck to you!