what did I do wrong?

Options
Yesterday was my first day counting calories and I was a 200 under calories, but -2 on fat intake. But I went to bed hungry (is that bad?) well my body get used to not eating as much or should I have eaten?? And the reason I was -2 was becuase I had homemade taco salad, and even tho I had 1 tbs of sour cream it kicked my butt.! :noway:

Replies

• twinkletoe66
    Options
    I think your body has to get used to not eating all the calories. This is my second week and its gotten a little better. Last week I was a scarey hungry monster. This week I was just a monster....maybe next week it will be better. I find that I am not as hungry as I think I am. Plus once the pounds start dropping off....it makes it that much better. I am a big fan of margarine...I know thats weird but I do love it on my toast and I like to eat alot of toast and margarine is loaded with fat so I have to watch how much I spread on. Good Luck!
  • size6Jessi
    Options
    did I put that right, I still had 200 calories I could have eaten, but had 2 to many fat calories....anyways, thats good to know that its noraml.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I understand what you are saying and it does happen, with me alot!! I get in an hour of cardio just so I can enjoy a few more things that are higher in fat! You will be fine and make sure you eat those alotted calories!
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I try to always eat all of my calories. I have found that I stay more on target and lose weight more steadily when I do.

I go over on fat once in awhile but still eat all of my calories. I look at my daily totals and see what the foods were that contributed to me going over in fat (or protein which is what I usually go over on) and then adjust what I eat accordingly. In your case you could have still had an aplles or grapes to make up the difference in calories but not added any fat. Why go to bed hungry if you don't have to?
  • repete11
    Options
    Oh honey, you didn't do anything wrong. The biggest thing is the calories, you stayed under your calories and that is really the first step. I have found that the suggestions for fat, sugar, sodium, etc. on here are merely that, suggestions. Stick close to them and you will be fine. As long as you stay under your calories you should be fine. Just be sure that if you are setting your cals to 1200 that you eat all of them so that your body doesn't go into starvation mode. Trust me, this can make it all the more frustrating if you don't because the weight really won't come off! :wink: Good luck to you on your journey!
  • size6Jessi
    Options
    thankyou repete11! that is encouraging!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    You should have eaten your 200 calories if you were hungry. Being over a little on the other numbers isn't going to hurt you. Just remember, the numbers are guidelines, and they're not always going to balance out perfectly.
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    200 calories over or under is nothing to worry about....just don't make it a habit

and -2 for fat intake is pretty damn accurate lol

There are times where I am -15, 17, 20, etc............if you want to be exact on your macros you are going to lose your mind

don't worry about it
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    What did you do wrong? You suffered - that's what. :-) You don't have to suffer to do this. If you were hungry you should have eaten something silly - duh!!!

A big slice of cantaloupe is like 50 calories, a carrot the size of a coke can is maybe 15 calories, a whole head of cabbage is maybe 100. 200 calories left? I could have had another MEAL,,, hehehe...

<<quick check, 3 oz chix breast + a li'l green pepper sauteed in pam (140 cals), a li'l bit of sweet potato (40 cals), side salad w/a taste of free dressing,(20-ish) - big glass of unsweet iced tea (free) Oh yeah, 200 calories easy>>

This is just as much about learning to cook as about what to eat. We're here to make good habits that will last the rest of our lives. To learn how to do this without thinking about it too much, and certainly to do it without suffering. If it's hard then it's unsustainable - and this needs to be something you can sustain for keeps.

Don't suffer, suffering sux,,, and it leads to quitting. Don't be too hard on yourself. You're off to a great start and doing fine, :-)
  • size6Jessi
    Options
    Thankyou CasperO! :flowerforyou: