What's Next after Turbo Fire???

Options
I'm in the middle of the Turbo Fire program right now and already contemplating what I will do when that is over. My first thoughts are ChaLEAN Extreme, Insanity, or P90X. FYI, I've also begun running about 1-2 times a week. I still have some serious pounds to lose and serious muscle to gain! What do y'all recommend?

Replies

• earlybirdwing
    Options
    I just finished Chalean Extreme/ Turbofire Hybrid and am now in my second week of P90X2. So far I love it. It's giving my joints a break from all the jumping in Turbofire and the moves are really unique and challenging in the first phase. I actually got pretty sore (in a good way), which hasn't happened in awhile :)

I didn't find Chalean Extreme very challenging. If you are wanting to build muscle, try P90X or X2 instead.

If you want something with cardio even crazier than Turbofire, try Insanity. It is the most intense cardio program I've ever done but you won't really build up any muscle.
  • tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Options
    I have Turbo Fire and P90X. P90X has given me more muscle.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Chalean extreme, with heavy enough weights. If it's not challenging you aren't lifting heavy enough.
  • Chickabittie
    Chickabittie Posts: 272
    Options
    Chalean extreme, with heavy enough weights. If it's not challenging you aren't lifting heavy enough.

EXACTLY. You have to lift heavy for this program. I found it really effective and there is still some killer cardio in the program and one with intervals that remind me of Turbo Fire. Good luck, there are a lot of great programs out there.
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    After my last turbo fire we had to build a new engine.....oh..not THAT kind of turbo :wink:

I think you should try p90x or possibly insanity?
  • b_fit4life
    b_fit4life Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    After my last turbo fire we had to build a new engine.....oh..not THAT kind of turbo :wink:

LOL! if it weren't for my bf and I replacing the turbo in my diesel beetle I probably wouldn't even understand what you were talking about! I hope I never catch my turbo on fire! lololol
  • michaelispas
    michaelispas Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    P90X definitely! I have a review if you want to read about it. http://teamchiseled.blogspot.com.

In short, it'll give you nice muscle definition while losing the last of your body fat. Nutrition is key with it for you to get maximum results. Best of luck to you and let me know if you have any questions!
  • Glamorous_RN
    Glamorous_RN Posts: 204
    Options

yup thats why
    chalene says "go heavy or go home" if your not challenging youself then yeah it wont be challenging enough for u