Ice Cream Made With Coconut Milk

Options
Has anyone tried the new ice cream made from coconut milk? I tried the mint chocolate chip and the vanilla bean(had a slight coconut aftertaste) they were both really good, I could not stop and ate the whole pint. The vanilla pint was about 600cal, and the mint was a little over that. really good stuff, no dairy, no soy, really good. You should all try it. I am going for the chocolate next. Wish me luck.

Replies

• runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I like them.
  • Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    My favorites are chocolate and cookie dough. Delicious!!!
  • silverokami02
    silverokami02 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've had one before. The chocolate is really good. :)
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I bought the mini fudgesickles. That way I just eat one small portion at a time. Very good!
  • CinJay
    CinJay Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! I love coconut so I don't think I'd mind a coconut aftertaste ;) What's the brand called?
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    So Delicious brand?

Lovvvvve it. So much. I'm lactose intolerant so this is a wonderous thing- well worth a try
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    where did you find them?? Sounds good!!
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I buy Luna and Larry's. I like it a lot, especially their dark chocolate.
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    LOVE it!! I tried the So Delicious Cookies and Cream flavor! Amazing!! I have also tried Trader Joe's in the strawberry flavor and Coconut Bliss in "Naked" which means coconut!
  • sandradi87
    sandradi87 Posts: 13
    Options
    Sounds freakin' delicious...must.find.them.now. hah
  • MelisMusing
    MelisMusing Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Love coconut ice cream! Have you tried making your own? Delish!

http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-banana-coconut-ice-cream/

I make mine with one frozen banana and unsweetened coconut milk. You can add in some agave or coconut sugar, but most of the time it doesn't need it. 92 calories for 1/2 C.
  • V3ggieL0vinGinger
    Options
    Nom nom nom! I love it! I get the chocolate one from So Delicious. I'm vegan and this is a must have in my freezer! :D
  • SaraHaxton1
    Options
    I found them at WalMart. Here in Delaware, they are about $5 a pint.
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I bought the mini fudgesickles. That way I just eat one small portion at a time. Very good!

Me too. Delish!
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    You get so many more choices over there in the USA.
    The Uk is really rubbish for getting this sort of thing. Heck, we only just got frozen yoghurt in mainstream stores here recently, it is ridiculous.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I get it for my hubby! I buy the So Delicious, and Trader Joe's has coconut milk ice cream now too - chocolate and strawberry. He likes them much better than the soy or almond milk alternatives.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I had not heard of this. Ingredients look great, the coconut products are non-GMO certified, and So Delicious is owned by Turtle Mountain, which is a good company. I'm hoping I can find the flavors that sound really appealing (Green Tea, Turtle Trails, Passionate Mango and German Chocolate).
  • croberson8711
    Options
    Where are the So Delicious ice cream products sold? Can they be found at WalMart? I'll have to take a look.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Where are the So Delicious ice cream products sold? Can they be found at WalMart? I'll have to take a look.

http://www.turtlemountain.com/store-finder
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I havent tried them......been meaning too.....they sound delicious