How accurate is a wii fit board?

Options
Measurements wise? It puts me a 1lb lighter..just wondered whether to weigh on scales or wii?

Replies

• Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Scale > Video Game
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    dont know that it matters, as long as you use the same thing, scale or wii, to weigh each time. They'll tell you how much you lost even if the starting weight it 1lb off.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I'd say pretty good since it tares (zeroes out) before use. Make sure you are on a hard floor and not carpet though.
  • CazLovesCalories
    CazLovesCalories Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Oh mine is on thin carpet.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Measure it's accuracy by putting something of a known weight on it. A dumbell if you have them for example.

If you want to use the wii as your scale just ensure you use it every time and don't flip back and forth.
  • gobraves47
    gobraves47 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    mine weighs about 3-4 pounds heavier than our scale
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I weight myself with carpet and it was 7 pounds off. I put it on a flat surface and it was exactly the same as my scale.
  • icedesign1
    icedesign1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My wii fit board says exactly the same as my bathroom scale. I have mine on the carpet with a 1/4" piece of plexi glass under it.
  • JeremyM1977
    Options
    Whether I use it on my carpet with the risers, or on a flat surface without the risers, the weight that my Wii Fit board shows is pretty close to what the scale says at my gym and at my doctors office.
    Of course, the discrepancy between the Wii Fit board at home and the scales at the gym and doctor is that I am wearing more clothing at the gym and doctor's.

At home, with the Wii Fit board, I am only in my boxers so that I get as accurate of a reading as possible.