Hello everyone

Options
charmednz
charmednz Posts: 49 Member
Looking for "friends" who can support me through this journey, share tips and keep each other motivated, preferably those who have a lot of weight to lose!

Im a 35 year old working single mother of 3 children and have become very lazy with exercise and my diet, need some great ideas and motivation to continue on my journey.

Working in an office doesnt help either!

Replies

• jackiesmith61
    Options
    :happy: :happy: im a mother and a grandma been out of shape for several years and gives up on my self all the time but im trying more this time not to give and to let myself beleive that i deserve to be healthy and thinner i use the one step in front of the other try to go a little bit more each time:flowerforyou:
  • jackiesmith61
    Options
    opps forgot to tell you about tops take off pounds sincabley sorry about the spelling im sure they have a group near u also remenber thx at least 1/2 of a 9 inch plate should be vegs fresh best than frozen then caned 1/4 lean protain 1/4 starch small dairy
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Good Luck.
    Log on everyday and take it slow. Educate yourself on healthy foods and try to stay away from processed and fast foods. Eat lots of fresh fruits, veggies, whole grains and fresh meats and fish. Cook for youself. Don't buy thing that are going to tempt you. If it's not in the house you can't eat it. Get healthy snacks. Read the lables and watch PORTIONS> If you get yourself a food scale it really helps keep you within portions. Log in your foods before you eat them. If the numbers are too high make another choice. It's like a puzzle. Once you make all the pieces fit, you are able to see the whole picture
  • Ritamas2
    Ritamas2 Posts: 319
    Options
    Hello and welcome, it's great to have support and I have found that this is a fantastic site for that purpose.
    Please feel free to add me, we can support and motivate each other, alot of nice people on here too!!!
  • mescla
    mescla Posts: 56
    Options
    Yes so do I. Doing it with 4 kids, full time job, a business, and then some.
  • Elly829
    Elly829 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You are worth it.............be healthy. I am trying again after losing 25 lobs several years ago. If your mind is in order to eat healthy, then your body will follow. i am either very good or very bad, something I have to deal with. I am making small changes weekly like giving up white flour this week. When I last lost weight, I ate nothing processed and lost my taste for no good for you foods, BUT eventually my old habits sneaked back. I am trying to recall how good it felt to eat healthy so wish me luck.
  • oceanviewdream
    oceanviewdream Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I too recently started using mfp to get myself back in shape. I am learning what foods are good and what are not so good. It's shocking when you put a food in your diary and see the calories and sugar and how it's not so good for you, makes you stop and think before putting it in your mouth. Anyway, Good Luck on your journey...........
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    if you have any questions, feel free to message (and friend) me!
  • mimiimim
    mimiimim Posts: 1
    Options
    :wink: i am new how does this work just sind on
  • IwillNvrgiveup
    Options
    Hi there. I have been using My Fitness Pal for about a week now and I am really enjoying it. This is the first chance I have had to post and introduce myself. I am a mother and grammie to 6 beautiful granchildren. My goal is to lose weight and get healthier. I presently have done some 5km walking races and have done one 5km walk/jog. I hope to walk at 1/2 marathon race before I am sixty so I have 4 years to get this weight all off and do it. I hope to get to know you all better on this journey.
  • Elly829
    Elly829 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am back on track finally losing 3 lbs after gaining 10 in 5 months.
    Wish me luck......Got started with SASS YOURSELF THIN